Axe-Murderer Visits Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axe-Murderer Visits Chicago

And leaves the axe home! Hey, what can I say, even mass-murderers need a vacation (little did my hosts know how close they came to their demise).

After several years of playing civ with Rah, War4ever, Ming, and Barono et al, I finally got the chance to meet some of the people I've been spending so much time with on the internet. JackRabbit even stopped by on Friday and Barono filled me in on some of the changes in LA and Orange County via ICQ phone.

While Ming has this reputation as a whiner, I soon discovered the people who helped create that reputation were as bad, if not worse. Ethnic Cleanser lived up to his name by repeatedly fumagating the room of Ferrets and every other life form (except me, my allergy provided immunity). And when Rah was not supplying the cleanser with ammunition (onions), he was constantly walking into cleanser's traps. A number of times, he would walk up to watch cleanser's civ play only to discover another silent but deadly attack had been launched.

It was fun seeing the delight Ming got from closing down threads and banning people, but for God's sakes people, try to cut down on the complaint box. I saw first hand how ridiculous it is trying to be a mod with so many people complaining about this or that.

The big event for War4ever was of course Saturday's Cubs/Yankees game in which Roger Clemens was once again going for his 300th victory. Well, you can read his thread in the civ 2 mp section for what happened, I'm sure he'll provide quite a...hmm..."passionate" description.

For me, it was playing golf with the guys on some of Chicago's nice courses. Rah and I have had a long distance rivalry of sorts going over the years so we finally got to meet each other on Kemper Lakes...and the Lakes won as we crawled off the 18th green licking the wounds inflicted by Kemper and 30-35 mph wind gusts (and 1 broken driver). But hey, we were scheduled for Sunday and got rained out, so we had one last chance before the party broke up and the golf gods did smile upon us by providing a break in the storm. WHAT A COURSE!!! I was hoping to break 80 and was on my way until the wind picked up on the par 5 4th hole and my drive drifted off into the water...Rah soon joined me in the drink and our scores were headed for the Land of Oz thanks to the Windy City.

Rah's reputation as an excellent putter was confirmed, My God can that boy putt. Ming nearly snapped his elbow on the second hole at Steeple the first day we played and we were worried if he'd be able to finish the hole, much less play 3 more days. And War4, well, what can I say, keep working at it. You'd kick our butts on the tennis court, so take comfort in that.

Now, what was a typical night of civ like? Let me see...pound a beer and p!ss, pound another and p!ss, more beer, more p!ss.
    These guys must have drank several cases in 5-6 days even with 4 rounds of golf mixed in as a reason for moderation. I admit it, I'm a lightweight. I had maybe 3 beers the first night and I already felt like I had alcohol poisoning. But these guys? Yikes, and they aren't even Irish!

Thanks again for the 5 star hospitality Ming and Rah!!!

And thanks again Rah for The Staff of Rah!

(people, get your minds out of the gutter! It's a putter he won in a putting competition - not that that makes sense, lol).

Some incidents in the story were changed or ignored to protect the innocent (and not so innocent)...

Ming and Rah are the ****. Jrabbit is great. I could only remember the others by face, since they don't post in the OT.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

aw, Chicago Poly meet? damn Berz, I would've liked to have met you puds.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No one invites poor Sava .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

haha that's okay, I don't recall seeing a "Chicago meet thread"
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Why do you think?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Why do you think?
              it's just a mass conspiracy to keep Sava out of the loop, eh?

nah, I'm sure if they wanted a poly meet and didn't want me there, I doubt Ming would be too shy to simply say, "YOU AREN"T INVITED ASSMONKEY!"
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Who wants slavs around?
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Only 2 more months until Polyfest: San Diego!
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    Who wants slavs around?
                    Joe does!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

aw, Chicago Poly meet? damn Berz, I would've liked to have met you puds.
                      Yup, take up golf and tell Rah how good you are.

Comment

that wouldn't fly, I hate golf
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I forgot, only us right wingers like golf.

Comment

what about the rich, limosine liberals?
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Okay, then become a rich, limosine liberal first.

Comment

Working...
                              X