No announcement yet.

EpIII Spoilers/guesses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Ep II too (at least to some extent). It had some weaknesses, but overall it was better than Ep I (not that difficult), but also better than for example "Return of the Jedi".
    Blah

Comment

The fact that the movie is only going to be 2 hours means that all the answers to our questions will be rushed. I'm sure the storyline will be anorexic (sic) and leave us with even more questions that will probably never be answered.
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
        I liked Ep II too (at least to some extent). It had some weaknesses, but overall it was better than Ep I (not that difficult), but also better than for example "Return of the Jedi".
        Disagree. II had better plot than VI (RotJ), since VI was
        "destroy the Death Star... again!" But I'll take VI over II anyway, because the acting in II was atrocious.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
          The fact that the movie is only going to be 2 hours means that all the answers to our questions will be rushed. I'm sure the storyline will be anorexic (sic) and leave us with even more questions that will probably never be answered.
          I've been thinking about it and they have a lot to cover in Ep III; two hours doesn't sound like enough time. I was actually hoping that Lucas & Co would make two more films, an Ep III Part I and Part II.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            Disagree. II had better plot than VI (RotJ), since VI was
            "destroy the Death Star... again!" But I'll take VI over II anyway, because the acting in II was atrocious.
            -Arrian
            The whole problem with the acting, to me, stems from the fact that Ep I and II were forced to be serious movies with serious characters. Most of the major roles in those films were Jedi who are supposed to be relatively unemotional and thoughful: Qui Gon Jinn, Obiwan, Yoda, Mace Windu, and Palpatine, Tyrannus, Maul (other force practitioners).

OTOH, in Ep 4,5, &6 the main characters were wacko Han Solo, emotional Princess Leia, immature Luke Skywalker (until the very end). Only Vader and Obiwan were forced into the serious roles. And there was Yoda but his parts were fairly small.

So that's my conclusion: Eps 1 and 2 suffered from all of the serious people engaged in serious affairs. But there was some good acting in 1 and 2, I liked Ewan McGregor and even Hayden had some good scenes.

Comment

We find in Episode 3 that Anakin really isn't Luke's father.

Chewbacca and Jar-Jar are Han Solo's parents.

The Emperor is actually a crusty old guy name Fred.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                It's the rating. It stands for "parental guidance."

G
                PG
                PG-13
                R

So PG means it will be tame. IIRC, the first three were all PG.
                If it was titled "EpIII - Jar Jar Must Die!", and had an 18R rating, then I wonder how much it would take at the box office.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Tripping the Rift is the real Episode III. Your SciFi channel has ordered a series based on it.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                    Where?
                    When Alderaan is 'Sploded.

Arrian

Empire Strikes Back was PG, that didn't stop it from being Dark.
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
                      anorexic (sic)
                      Is it wrong that I found this funny?
                      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Carver
                        But there was some good acting in 1 and 2, I liked Ewan McGregor and even Hayden had some good scenes.
                        The first scene of the first movie:

* Mr. McGregor apparently feels he needs to do an Alec Guinness impression. Nobody knows why.
                        "You're right about one thing master .... the negotiations were short!"
                        (sound of drum roll and cymbal crash in background)

Lucas really set the film up well there. It had a definite mood of 'half-assed knock-off' from the very beginning.

Comment

Ep II was good! Much better than RotJ, IMO.

Ep III will be great . Especially the final battle between Obi-Won and Anakin . I can't wait for this one . I'll also be the darkest (even darker than V), because most of the Jedi are killed (except Obi-Won, Yoda and Anakin's kids).
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui I'll also be the darkest (even darker than V), because most of the Jedi are killed (except Obi-Won, Yoda and Anakin's kids).
                            And still keep a PG rating? What's the darkest film with a PG rating you can think of?
                            I know ... I couldn't be bothered to look any up myself, but I bet there aren't any good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

And still keep a PG rating? What's the darkest film with a PG rating you can think of?
                              I know ... I couldn't be bothered to look any up myself, but I bet there aren't any good ones.
                              Poltergeist

The Stepford Wives

and to remove any doubt:

Frogs!

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

What's the darkest film with a PG rating you can think of?

IIRC, Empire Strikes Back was also PG.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X