X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poly was morbid today
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

that sucks... I know... and I'm a cynical, heartless bast4rd because I'm still laughing
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Me too. I believe spending a year on the Something Awful forums (tomorrow is my 1-year anniversary there) turns anyone into a heartless bastard that is capable of making jokes out of every tragedy there is.

Comment

I laughed really hard when I saw the thread title (especially as I thought it was a rubber balloon ) and I'm still laughing

Comment

An investigation into the accident is under way.

How about... "you guys are stupid!" "you should learn about a little thing called 'physics'!"

that would be the conclusion of my investigation
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

As I understand the radio reports Sava, the high winds mentioned in the first thread happened in like 2 minutes.

One minute it was bright and sunny, next minute wind is blowing at 60MPH or so. (Don't quote me on figures).

I think you are right it was a stupid accident. That kid should never have been in a position to get caught up.

As for the how died bit - I would speculate she was trapped by the ropes until the balloon ruptured with altitude.

Which would explain her body being found close to the balloon.
              Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
              "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

at least it was a quick and painless end
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

well, i'm sure there were moments of pure terror before it.

unless she thought it was some ride...
                  B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                    This and the baboon story make me wonder about Apolyton.

What are we, the Weekly World News?
                    There's a shortage of even vaguely interesting threads around here at the moment. Reporting "strange, but true" news stories keeps the forum ticking over until the next flame war or great comedy thread comes along.

It's just unfortunate that yesterday's theme seemed to be "the brutal death of children". :vomit:
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                    X