X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evanescence

Anyone got any thoughts on this band?

I love their CD. Damn good.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Crap music, fit singer. Meh.
    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I really like Bring Me To Life. Haven't heard anything else.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

can't stand them, but i haven't heard much good new stuff on the radio in the past few months

Comment

end is forever:Why crap? and what do you mean fit?

she's in great shape yeah..

asher:when i heard that song on a rock station, it turned my head, and the rest of the cd i think is even better.
          While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Survivor
            can't stand them, but i haven't heard much good new stuff on the radio in the past few months
            that's exactly why it turned my head. It was different enough to interest me.

Comment

I think they are funny, this review IMO is great, the Sylvias oven bit cracked me up.1 star out of five

For the masses to devour

by bengotdafunk from Plano, Texas (USA)

why rate an album i would never give a second listen to anyway? because it hurt so much i'd like to give something back.

everything about this music makes me want to yank that narcissitic semi-goth-senator out of that album cover and eat her head. that obnoxious smirk--do you sense it too? gleaming at you as if she knows something you don't. as if her voyage into the doom-quarters has trekked a thousand miles further than yours. as if she KNOWS the sheer, blasting profundity of her album will blow you away into the foggy, unbearable land of traaaaaansient vaaaaaapor where only numbness and solidarity subside! ooooooooh! the sunless desert from which there is NO ESCAAAAAAAPE! where love is but a memory!

this music is worth 4 words: melodramatic, digressive, mediocre, and conformist. it are these qualities that make music such as this and say, creed, exhausting to endure.

what is the origin of a good migraine?:

1.) self-indulgent, pseudo-operatic wailing
              2.) painfully cliche chord progressions
              3.) laughably pretentious proclamations of despair
              4.) awareness that each musician of evanescence will make a respectable load of cash off this album's single.

evanescence is linkin park, but a little less creative, led by a female power-ballad tornado instead of a young-angry-white-boy-tiger-roar of redundant furiosity.

evaneeeeescence, oooooooooh, vespers and vapors and ghosts, oooooh GHOOOOOOSTS and goblins and rainy industrial city nights! ooooooooh woe and fleeting hopes! oh this dreary life of western civilization, ooooooooooooh dark and dank and doleful and dismal and oooooooooh love is a dead corpse! just take me now, i can no longer withstand the burden of rock n' roll touring under this lonesome despair, this somber burden of the merciless gothic essence!

evanescence. this is a name a band chooses by turning off the lights and lighting candles and putting on black tape for a blue girl and flipping through the dictionary. i mean, c'mon, if they were really serious they would've at least spelled their name in true pop-form by replacing the end with a z.

here's a run of probable early name choices for the band that is now "evanescence":

pre-dictionary:
              --edgar my guardian
              --sylvia's oven
              --creepy gaseous substance
              --the incorporeal beings
              --the melancholigraphers
              --the alleyway urchins

dictionary-found:
              --necrosis
              --lachrymose
              --disconsolation
              --the disconsolates
              --ignis fatuus

the only reason i give this album a star at all is because it is music and i'm glad that there's music.

perhaps i have way too much time on my hands.
              i recommend jeff buckley's "grace" or bright eyes' "lifted..." because they possess all the qualities that "fallen" pretends to shine.

buckley drove his car into a friggin lake. this evanescence chick fell out of an imaginary skyscraper window in a digitally manipulated music video.

her dress flapped in the dewy air like a yearning vessssssssper.
              Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

That's all fine, but does it sound good to you?

Of course anyone can site how this or that band is copying an old theme to be in the mass market.

That's irrelevant. Do they pull it off good is the question.

For the most part i think they do.

Over dramatic? yes. Ghostly, dark, somewhat depressing, yet at the same time rockin'? yes.

That's the style. My question was do you like that style, and if so, how do you think they pull it off.

I didn't ask if you consider a band good if they just fester in obscurity at some bar in bum**** Texas in some dopey attempt to be accepted by "the real music lovers".

Sell out this, blah blah...Do you like the sound? yes or no.

Of course the music is melodramatic. But it sounds good I think.

Comment

Personally, I think they suck.

If one was going to listen to a band that was in this category, Lacuna Coil is much better, but it might be best just to avoid this goth garbage completely.
                  "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I love 'Bring me to life'
                    You can heard the entire album on their web page.
                    >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                      Personally, I think they suck.

If one was going to listen to a band that was in this category, Lacuna Coil is much better, but it might be best just to avoid this goth garbage completely.
                      I doubt you would have ever heard of Lacuna Coil if it wasn't for Evanescense.

And Lacuna Coil's punk vocals are annoying as hell.

Plus I can't play their damn CD on my computer, has to be in a CD player.

Evenescense rocks.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I heard of Lacuna Coil long before Evanesacrap, but you are right, when that guy is singing it sucks. I never said Lacuna Coil was great either, I just said they're better.
                        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473
                          That's all fine, but does it sound good to you?
                          That the only really important question really. Plan's review is a perfect example of elitist thats just too cool for pop music.

Anyways having said that I dont like their song. They try so hard to make it sound gothy IMO but its not. Result seems to be a very strange attempt to be goth while trying to be other stuff at the same time. Like rapping in the middle of it all. WTF? But the guys rap sounds much better than the girl who is mediocre in singing talent IMO. Though I'll have to say that this one song isn't really a good one to measure her singing talent (its a really easy song to sing).

I'm not really digging it. I'll listen to it, but I won't buy their album. It's at most "I might not change the station" for me.
                          :-p

Comment

Saw them at our City Stages festival (Birmingham, AL) and they sucked. Does no band touring these days know how to jam? If I wanted to hear songs like they play them on the album then I'd listen to the ****ing album. Can't they at least move around a little? $#%@!!!

Comment

Bands can't jam nowadays. It's all studio trickery, no real musicianship is left.

Rolling Stones can outjam any of these fools and they are old geezers
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X