I've got a new Job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a new Job.

This is the last day in my old job, I'm off to the big smoke to do 3 weeks training and then I start. I'm not sure if i will be able to go on the internet with my new job so I might not be around very much.

Any quick tips on how to do well in my new employment.
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

What is your new job?
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Working for the home office
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

whats the home office?

Comment

Keep your eyes and ears open..
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Its a government department. It runs the police,prisons,and immigration.

Comment

From the home office in...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hey, want a bribe?
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  From the home office in...
                  The Home Office is a British government department that controls, amongst other things, the things that TheStinger stated in his last post.
                  "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Re: I've got a new Job.

Originally posted by TheStinger
                    This is the last day in my old job, I'm off to the big smoke to do 3 weeks training and then I start. I'm not sure if i will be able to go on the internet with my new job so I might not be around very much.

Any quick tips on how to do well in my new employment.
                    Doesn't matter how good you are, only how good you look. look busy, make sure you pass the blame to someone else, kiss just the right amount of arse to get noticed but to not annoy your cowies.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

There's a coupla places in the City that are liquidated stock bond agents. Good for computer bits (and a damn sight cheaper than the rest of London). If you're interested PM me and I'll dig out the address.

It's either that or the Oxford Circus Saturday market (or the infamous Exchange just up the road towards Goodge Street.

Wherabouts you planning on staying? Wood Green isn't so bad for a set of temporary digs. It's a bit of a drag after a while though.

Good luck Stinger. I stuck it for 5 years and wild horses wouldn't drag me back.

EDIT: One tip for a successful employment strategy that gets you noticed.

Always leave at least half an hour before you have to, to make sure you beat the rush.

NEVER being late in London is almost unheard of. It will get you noticed, guaranteed. It's a drag to keep it up for 3-6 months but after that you get your first break and you are lauging all the way to the bank.
                      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Remember, always follow the book. If the policy says so, follow it to the letter.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Don't be the good worker. Be the bad worker. That way they will expect you to screw up. However, if your the good worker, who always shows up earlier and does his job perfect, the minute you screw up, you're canned.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                            Don't be the good worker. Be the bad worker. That way they will expect you to screw up. However, if your the good worker, who always shows up earlier and does his job perfect, the minute you screw up, you're canned.
                            Done much office work in London Dashi?
                            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

No, that's just a universal truth.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X