Favorite TV openings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite TV openings

So which show openings you found the best? Is it that of your favorite show? Or of a terrible show that just happens to have a great opening? Or of an OK show? for example, Seinfeld has a very sparse and uninteresing opening sequence. ST Voyager's opening is not as good as NG, but about as good as that for DS9.

Now, my favorite TV opening is B5 season 5. They had a different opening every season. Whie S5 of the show is not very good its opening (which is basically a plot summary of the previous 4 seasons) is great. Season 4 opening sequence was also great.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

I like CSI's openings.

Comment

Farscape had a cool opening, so does 24 - "The following takes place between ..."
      - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
      - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
      - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

The Simpsons!
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The opening I liked best was the one to the first couple of seasons of "Civil Wars," a law drama that focused on divorces (it starred Mariel Hemingway; anybody remember this?). Anyway, the opening credits featured, on the soundtrack, soundbites from messy, protracted divorce hearings -- while on the image track, you saw 8mm-style home movies of the happy beginning of people's marriages (weddings, vacations, etc.). Incredibly well done and sad, probably the best-thought-out credit sequence ever.

In a lighter vein, "Get Smart" is a close second.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Twilight Zone
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I really liked all the Red Dwarf openings. Whether the slow openings in the first couple seasons, the more up beat ones of the later seasons, or the remastered versions of the seasons...it's all good.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

usually shows I like or liked at one time.

I still like the them song to airwolf. I admit it . pretty cool. There is a rap song that "samples" the air wolf theme song. And I have that one on mp3 as well.

the simpsons

cheers

magnum pi

mash

night court

there are some shows I liked, in which I didn't like the theme song. Family Ties is one example.

Comment

I actually like Seinfeld's opening. No messing about. No silly graphics or lame theme music, it just gets straight into the jokes.

Shows that actually have good graphics and good theme music are rare, but they do exist. The first 2 seasons of Red Dwarf spring to mind, Cheers was awesome too.
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Frasier's. Why? Because it's about two seconds and still gets you in the right mood for the show.
                    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

The Prisoner had the best opening ever.

Where am I?
                      In the Village
                      What do you want?
                      Information
                      Whose side are you on?
                      That would be telling . . .We want Information
                      You won't get it
                      By hook or by crook . . . We will
                      Who are you?
                      The new Number Two
                      Who is Number One?
                      You are Number Six
                      I am not a number . . . I'm a free man!
                      "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Starsky and Hutch was great
                        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Space 1999 (1st version)
                          What?

Comment

The Dead Zone

and btw it's a programme and not a show

Comment

Transformers Season 1
                              That 70's Show
                              My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Working...
                              X