Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ewwww, I like it

I just threw some corn on the grill...

I use to hate corn. The smell of it boiling just made me sick to the stomach... For the longest time I wouldn't eat it, until I was convinced to try it grilled... Way, better. Yet, now I eat it boiled too, and the smell doesn't bother me... Weird.

Same thing with Miso.

I love Miso soup. Yet, the first time I made it the smell of those Bonito flakes made me vomit. I can't make it anymore, even though wifey loves it, but I will still eat it though I can still smell a hint of that Bonito.

Also, similar, is Guacamole.

I hate the texture of Avacado. I can slice it, but mashing it makes me ill. I don't know what it is. Thus, my wife gets to maker own Guac... Personally, I don't mind Guac. I just don't like it a whole lot... don't know why...

Just a little insight into my sick mind... Yet, it makes me think about why it is we like/dislike something, it isn't always about one sense, yet one sense can absolutly destroy it for you, or even just one experience...

It isn't about acquired taste or anything, it's about appeal.

I guess to start a thread I always feel obliged to ask a question...

So,

What do u dislike that there is really only one bizarre reason for why you dislike it?

Or, what have you hated but have come to love because you have seen it in a new light?

Or, what have you liked until you learned to hate it?
    Monkey!!!

Can't you just throw up instead of bothering us?
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Comment

No

and,

Go away, troller
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Okay...
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

Anything that any culture deems edible I will have no complaints eating. Food is food IMO.

I liked apples, pears, and peaches until recently. For the last year or so I think I've become allergic to them.. my lips and throat get irritated and swell up whenever I eat fresh apples, pears, or peaches. I have no problem w/ the same fruits cooked or processed in some way though. I still like them, but my body doesn't

Comment

The first few times I tried beer i found it disgusting, and the same for coffee. not anymore.

With avocados; I had the opposite experience: i could eat it as guacamole all the time, but for a long time I would not eat the flesh by itself. i do now.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I don't like spinach, liver, or anchovies -- other than that, I think I'm open minded to a variety of new foods I never tried before.

I have tried sushi a couple of months ago, and I LOVE it.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

How can somebody not like anchovies? I eat them right out of the can.. some find it gross.. but oh well..
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

when it comes to food, I do not make a judgement until it actually enters my mouth.

Well, once I was a bit hesitant on trying out grasshoppers, but bugs are an exception.
                  :-p

Comment

Working...
                  X