Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with airline peanuts?

You can never get the bag open

or there are only like 3 peanuts in the bag.

But no, I miss the honey roasted peanuts. Now days no one has peanuts any more because someone allergic to peanuts will die if they even smell them. If they are that allergic, then they deserve to die . They give you pretzels now. Pretzels are not peanuts. Peanuts have protein in them, pretzels do not.

They should hand out beef jerky.. that would be kewl. Then everyone on the plane will know who the Vegiterians are, and we will all look at them weird.

Peanuts were kewl, what if some is allergic to salt?

She1t if your allergic to peanuts don't eat them!

I like pretzels too though, so I don't really care... It would be nice if they would at least give you the really fat pretzels in stead of the thin Rolls Gold crap.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

If someone's allergic to salt then they're screwed considering the intimacy sodium and chlorine ions have with the transference of electrical impulses along axon membranes and across synaptic gaps.
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

There's a fine line between:

1) Not getting the bag open
        2) Ripping it so hard that they spill everywhere and the person next to you gets a broken nose from your elbow flying off the bag
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

If someone's allergic to salt then they're screwed considering the intimacy sodium and chlorine ions have with the transference of electrical impulses along axon membranes and across synaptic gaps.
          Ya had me up 'till "screwed"
          Monkey!!!

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
              She1t if your allergic to peanuts don't eat them!
              The peanut dust gets into the air systems. Overtime it can be a bad thing for allegeric people.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

When I was young I don't remember all these peanut allergy warnings. Were people dropping like flies back then because their cookies had been made in the same building as something with peanuts?

Or has there been a huge increase in people with peanut allergies? If so why?
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Hold your tongue and "I like Peanuts"...

Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

The peanut dust gets into the air systems. Overtime it can be a bad thing for allegeric people.
                    Maybe they shouldn't fly.

Then we can all have peanuts.

Alternatively bring your own.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

They could give us Peanut M&Ms... then those who like chocolate could suck the chocolate of the M&M and let those of us who like peanuts eat the peanut... and no dust!
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Bretzels are dangerous : you almost lost a US President because of them.
                        Statistical anomaly.
                        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Yeah, and we rescued Carter from the peanuts!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader
                            When I was young I don't remember all these peanut allergy warnings. Were people dropping like flies back then because their cookies had been made in the same building as something with peanuts?

Or has there been a huge increase in people with peanut allergies? If so why?
                            No, it is likely because one whiny ninny had to make a stink and a lawsuit.

But you are quite correct: The US Aviation industry flew for 6+ decades offering peanuts and NOBODY *****ED ABOUT IT. Guess people were made of sterner stuff than they are today.

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be like a Seinfeld monologue:

"What IS the deal with airline peanuts?..."

Comment

Working...
                              X