Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS Outlook help needed! Rescuer eligible for acts of sexual gratification!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Outlook help needed! Rescuer eligible for acts of sexual gratification!

I'm having problems sending E-mail, but have no problems receiving it. The problem definitely has to do with the fact that I am at home on dial-up and not on my University's network, as this problem is always experienced when I'm home (problem now is, I'll be 'home' for an entire summer, not just a weekend)

This is the error message I receive:
    Task 'udel - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042109): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
    I have not changed any of the settings. Can someone help me figure out how to correct the problem? Thanks!
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Which Outlook, and what version?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

In Outlook 2002/XP, go to Tools -> Email Accounts.
      Have "View or Change Email Accounts" selected, then click Next.

Select the account giving you trouble, then hit Change.

In the part where it says Outgoing mail server (SMTP):, copy/paste the stuff in the box.

What I think happened is your university's SMTP server is only accessible on their network.

The beauty of email is, it doesn't matter what the SMTP server is set to, as long as it works. It's much like mailing a letter, it doesn't matter which mailbox you drop it off in.

But it's always a good idea to use your ISP's mailserver. They should've given you some documentation when you signed up with that information, or you can call their tech support and get it from them.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

was this a call for Asher?

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Dang. Of all the things to arrive late for...
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

In the part where it says Outgoing mail server (SMTP):, copy/paste the stuff in the box.
            copy/paste the stuff in the box? I have a box...it says "mail.udel.edu" (same as Incoming mail server). Copy it and paste it...where?

What I think happened is your university's SMTP server is only accessible on their network.
            No one else I've talked to seems to have a problem...

The beauty of email is, it doesn't matter what the SMTP server is set to, as long as it works. It's much like mailing a letter, it doesn't matter which mailbox you drop it off in.
            Makes sense...
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Originally posted by orange
              copy/paste the stuff in the box? I have a box...it says "mail.udel.edu" (same as Incoming mail server). Copy it and paste it...where?
              Here (You did good!)

No one else I've talked to seems to have a problem...
              That's weird, then.
              But if that one server is giving you trouble, just try some other ones.

Like your ISP's should work for sure.

Comment

haha, ok i get it I thought you meant copy it, and then paste it right back in the field

I use netzero internet when I'm at home...any idea how to figure out what the outgoing mail server is? I have an E-mail address with netzero I'm sure, but I never use it (and I think it's web based anyway)

Comment

Try using: smtp.netzero.com
                  If that doesn't work, try: smtp.netzero.net

Comment

Alright, what'll it be? Blowjob? Anal? I'm your man tonight

Thanks Dave, I owe ya one

Comment

That would be cheating.

I'll just take a rain check.

Comment

WTG Asher! I knew you had it in you!

Or, at least you will when you and Orange hook up.

Comment

Comment

It'd be the other way around, John.

Comment

Hehehehe.. I would answer your questions orange, only if I didn't have a boyfriend. And asher already answered them. Looks like he is doing that for free.
                              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                              X