Pixar flicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixar flicks

Yesterday in the US the fifth Pixar film, Finding Nemo, came out, so I guess it is a better time that usual for this.

So, very commonly one hears people say they won;t go see animated films (besides Anime) becuase they are kids films, bellow them. Does anyone here apply this same standard to Pixar?

Or have you seen one or more of their films?

Here in the US, they have a sterling reputation, with people saying they have made 5 good films out of the five films they have made. If you have seen any of their films, would you agree that the one(s) you saw were good, or not?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Saw Bug's Life and Toy Story. Okay movies. I'm not big on Disney themes personally.

Comment

Monters Inc. rocks. "We scare, because we care"

The admin assistant type at my office saw it as a veiled commentary on big oil and Enron, wrapped up in a funny kids movie.

A lot of the characters are "adult" in their themes - mean, nasty uber***** Roz "did you turn in all your paperwork," the ditzy receptionist with the medusa hair, etc.

I've liked all of them so far.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Monsters Inc
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've liked the ones I've seen, and no: I'm not afraid to see an animated film. Hell, I even drove 160 miles (each way) to catch Beauty and the Beast on IMAX.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
            I've liked the ones I've seen, and no: I'm not afraid to see an animated film. Hell, I even drove 160 miles (each way) to catch Beauty and the Beast on IMAX.
            I remember when I saw beauty and the beast at th3e IMAX... i was a youngon then, tho. Fortunately for me, the IMAX is only like 5 miles away
            "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
            - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

You consider 16 months to be so long ago that you were a "young one" then? The IMAX version of BatB was released in January, 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                You consider 16 months to be so long ago that you were a "young one" then? The IMAX version of BatB was released in January, 2002.
                eww... maybe that wasnt the IMAX then...
                Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

OOOHH!! it was The Abyss, i saw there at the time... dunno how i mixed that up ( )

Comment

Woah, they did The Abyss in imax? *sigh*...and I missed it...that's my favorite movie...and almost favorite book.
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by dv8ed
                      Woah, they did The Abyss in imax? *sigh*...and I missed it...that's my favorite movie...and almost favorite book.
                      oh yeah, i barely remember the moive, i havent seen the whole thing since then (only bits and parts). But it was there back in like 1989 or 1990 or somethn like that. long ago is all i know.

Comment

Um, The Abyss was not released on IMAX, according to IMAX. A documentary about the ship Titanic, "Ghosts of the Abyss" (in 3D nonetheless) was released in the wide-screen format, but I can't find any confirmation that the movie was IMAXed. GotA was also directed by James Cameron, btw.

OTOH, Matrix Reloaded is coming out on IMAX this June.

Comment

Pixar's are my absolute favorite movies. I saw Finding Nemo last night...terrifically hilarious and expected along with all the others have been. 5 stars as usual
                          I just don't know anymore.

Comment

The 4 Pixar movies I've seen have all been fantastic. The trailer I saw for Finding Nemo didn't impress me, but I'll try and watch it anyway. I trust them to make a good movie.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

i have to admit, i'm usually a sucker for disney animated movies. i like cartoons.

anime's great. pixar's great. square pictures was impressive, at least from a technical standpoint. and dreamworks skg was funny the first time one saw it.

that said, i haven't enjoyed the last few disney movies (the last one was tarzan)... and some of the recent releases (spirit), i had no interest in.

have yet to see nemo.
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X