Well this is it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this is it.

I'm sure some of you have been thinking, "How can I miss you if you won't go away." But it's down to the wire now, I head out west 10:30 am tomorrow.

But I won't be offline for long, I hope, so I'll be back. I'm thinking now of being computerless just until fall, in order to remind myself that there's still life beyond my monitor.

And of course Conquests will be coming out about then, so I definitely want to see what it has in store as far as editor improvements are concerned. I still have a really good mod I hope to post sometime! It's been progressing very nicely, or at least I think so.

I've become such a geek!

So everyone have a good summer, behave yourselves as much as possible, and we'll all hang out together again in the fall.

And thanks to all of you for helping me keep my sanity the last couple of months. Between losing my business, my home and my mother, and a couple of betrayals by so-called friends thrown in to the mix, it's pretty much been the roughest period of my life so far. And being able to hang out here and communicate has made my recent trials and tribulations much more bearable.

I kind of understand now how Job must have felt!

Bye.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Goodbye.

Comment

Take care and good luck, Willem!

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
          Take care and good luck, Willem!
          Thanks, it seems I need all I can get these days. The last couple of months have reminded me of an old Eric Clapton tune: "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all." I'm pretty sure I must have rewritten a couple of Murphy's Laws the last while.

But it's soon to be behind me. In a few days, I'll be able to hang out by the ocean in the closest thing to paradise that Canada has to offer, Vancouver Island. And yes, that's saying alot. We may have our problems, but this is one hell of a beautiful country!

Comment

be careful out there. it's a big, scary world out there.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Re: Well this is it.

Originally posted by Willem

I kind of understand now how Job must have felt!
              I know it sucks but you are on a journey to a great place.

Someday you are going to be sitting there and then BAM, your life will have come full circle and you won't believe how good you have it. It'll take time though, and hit you when you least expect it...

Trust me on that...
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Take care, Willem. And good luck.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
                  be careful out there. it's a big, scary world out there.
                  Yeah, yeah tell me something I don't know.

With all the crap I've had to put with recently, I'm beginning to feel that I can take on anything.

Comment

Good luck!!

And bye... until the next time you come back .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The adventure begins...
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

"Go West young man"

Take care and good luck.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                        X