Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a little while till Harry Potter 5... Some new facts revealed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a little while till Harry Potter 5... Some new facts revealed!

Of course it seems like an eternity... has anyone else seen these?

"Lord Voldemort?s rise has opened a rift in the wizarding world between those who believe the truth about his return, and those who prefer to believe it?s all madness and lies--just more trouble from Harry Potter.

Add to this a host of other worries for Harry?
    ? A Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher with a personality like poisoned honey
    ? A venomous, disgruntled house-elf
    ? Ron as keeper of the Gryffindor Quidditch team
    ? And of course, what every student dreads: end-of-term Ordinary Wizarding Level exams"

All of it taken from Amazon.com. I'm not so sure I like Ron taking up quidditch...
    We'll have to see how that turns out.

Any other opinions?

"mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Can't wait for the 5th book

I heard Hermione will become a prefet too.

Check this site for facts and rumors :

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

I eill wait till the book comes out. All I know is that Rowling sure creaqted a whole lot of things to deal with in the last one, and the fact that her books keep getting bigger and bigger..I mean, will number 7 be the lenght of War and Peace?
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I've heard they're finally going to sacrifice Neville to their dark lord, Satan. Pers'nally, I've seen hints for it since the book 2.
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Considering what happened to Neville's parents, a bleak future for him may not be too far off, Stefu.

Also, they're getting bigger, but they're still using kids' sized fonts - if they were made to resemble an adult sized book, they'd be alot shorter... And hey, more book for your money!
          Drake Tungsten
          Albert Speer

Comment

One thing that's been completely ignored in the pre-release hype...

What is Harry gonna do in this book? In the first one he got the stone, the second one he found the chamber, etc. What's the "quest" gonna be this time?

A question I've put a lot of thought into: Will Malfoy turn out OK?

I think that JKR has hinted a lot that Draco and Harry will have to work together against Voldemort. When you consider that the vast majority of the supposedly evil guys have turned out OK, its a distinct possibility.

Draco and Hermione seem to have a love-hate thing going. Particularly, he seems to like her. If he turns out all right, something could happen there.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

"A question I've put a lot of thought into: Will Malfoy turn out OK?"

Me too - on the one hand there's his dad, but on the other hand, would Dumbledore really let a student join Voldemort without a fight? This is still only the fifth year of seven, so there is time for him to develop.

If Draco and Hermione ever got together, alot of really dirty fan fiction writers would be pleased - I don't want that to happen.

Supposedly in this new book he's haunted by a dream about a door at the end of a cooridor... That might have something to do with a 'quest'. But the goblet of Fire wasn't even really that much of a 'quest' anyway...
              Drake Tungsten
              Albert Speer

Comment

These aren't new facts, mono . They've been up for a while.

Anyway, it should be a good book

I'm not so sure I like Ron taking up quidditch

Why not? It's his life's goal (so it seems).
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                  If Draco and Hermione ever got together, alot of really dirty fan fiction writers would be pleased - I don't want that to happen.
                  It's better than Ron and Hermione. :vomit:
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
                    I've heard they're finally going to sacrifice Neville to their dark lord, Satan. Pers'nally, I've seen hints for it since the book 2.
                    I think it would be more entertaining if Baal were to wreck havoc on Hogwerts.
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

It's better than Ron and Hermione.

Naw... I bet Ron is kinkier than he seems .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        It's better than Ron and Hermione.

Naw... I bet Ron is kinkier than he seems .

Imran's off the Meds, I see.
                        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Never on the meds!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Never on the meds!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

If I ever get in trouble, can you be my Lawyer?

Comment

Of corse! Don't worry, I'll get drunk before trial, so you can make a big deal to the media if you are guilty.

Comment

Working...
                              X