Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remailers

Well, sort of.

I need to set up a simple remailer for a project I'm working on...it doesn't need to be anything on the cypherpunk/mixmaster level, I just basically want a forwarder that strips out the headers of the original message and sends it anonymously to a single mailbox. Does anybody know of a way to do this or a script that could handle it for me?

I can put it on whatever is required, *nix, OS X, or Win, although I'd prefer *nix or OS X.

Thanks.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Looks like you need to do it in *nix, otherwise you wouldn't have access to the whole header AFAIK.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Really? Then how do Dos/Win based remailers work?
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Nobody? El Glonk? Wraith? UR already weighed in, or I'd add him, too.

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by dv8ed
          Really? Then how do Dos/Win based remailers work?
          I am not sure there's such a thing, especially DOS. I suppose it is theoretically to connect a DOS box to the 'Net, but you probably have to write all the software to do so.

Anyway, I suppose you can write a remailer on any OS, as long as the OS has support for TCP/IP and you understand SMTP. You collect e-mail messages from clients, rip off their original headers and create new ones, then send them on to their intended destinations. If a messages bounces, you look up the information for that particular user, and send it back to him.

Sounds easy, eh?
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

*sigh*

Comment

You talking about something like Bigfoot?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

dv8ed,

Do you know SMTP?

Sloww,

Not Bigfoot. Bigfoot is a forwarding service for incoming e-mail. This one does anonoymous remailing for outgoing mail.

Comment

Gotcha. Thx.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    dv8ed,

Do you know SMTP?
                    No, unfortunately, thus the sigh.

It may be resolved now, however. I'm still curious about how I would go about doing it, though, if you feel like going into it.

Comment

Originally posted by dv8ed
                      No, unfortunately, thus the sigh.

It may be resolved now, however. I'm still curious about how I would go about doing it, though, if you feel like going into it.
                      Unfortunately, I don't know SMTP, that's why I was speaking in general terms.

Comment

Oh well. C'est la vie. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Who are you spamming anyway?
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Oddly enough, the New Media department (at UMaine). At their request.

Comment

Working...
                            X