Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm gald I don't have to rely on Greek Justice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gald I don't have to rely on Greek Justice.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

This poor bloke was arrested and then tried 1 day latter.

If I was him I wouln't go back.
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

How do I know he is not guilty? Am I supposed to take his word for it?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

well at least the greeks are efficient in one area.
      CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
        How do I know he is not guilty? Am I supposed to take his word for it?
        I don't no either, but I would want a trial where there is a least some prospect of the full facts being considerd. That isn't likely after 1 day.

It is also wellknown that the British do not get justice in Greece, whether they be victims of crime or the accused.
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

It is also wellknown that the British do not get justice in Greece, whether they be victims of crime or the accused.
          You think that perhaps hundreds of years of world-wide imperialism and violence is the reason? Just a thought. This may be hard to understand for some, but a lot of people in the world don't forget the evils of an empire. I agree that such an attitude by the Greeks (if it's true) is unfair, but I don't know if I'd feel the same after walking a mile in their shoes.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but don't you think it's a bit arrogant to think that after hundreds of years of imperialism, that some people, governments, or societies, should forget about history?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I dunno, there is also this assumption in the British press that anyone British tried in Greece is inoccent, which might not always be true. Still 1 day is a bit quick, maybe better than spending a couple of weeks in a greek jail though.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

*waits for floodgates to open to Greek migrants, claiming asylum from persecution*

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

What Have I or any of my generation got to do with what teh British Empire did.

I think the Greek attitude to the Persians was unfair but I don't take it out on them

Comment

*waits for floodgates to open to Greek migrants, claiming asylum from persecution*
                  Don't you think it's the least your government could do... you know... at least try to make amends for past transgressions?
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"the brits have our marbles, let's be unfair to this british lorry driver"
                    CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

Don't you think it's the least your government could do... you know... at least try to make amends for past transgressions?
                      OK, any of you Americans who want to escape from your horribly unfair legal system are welcome back to the homeland any time.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                        I dunno, there is also this assumption in the British press that anyone British tried in Greece is inoccent, which might not always be true. Still 1 day is a bit quick, maybe better than spending a couple of weeks in a greek jail though.
                        Its teh 1 day thing that bothers me. If he was a drunk holigan and he was gonna get thrown in jial for a month for fighting then fair enough but this man got 11 years, I think a little longer to prepare his defence would be in order.

Comment

I missed the length of sentence! D'oh. Yeah I agree.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

What Have I or any of my generation got to do with what teh British Empire did.
                            I agree. I think grudges like that are ignorant. But you have to acknowledge that other people... even other nations... are ignorant. Sure, you know that you aren't an evil empire. But to them, you aren't any different. While you may not be responsible for your country's past, your government, being as powerful as it is, has a responsibility to use it's power to improve the quality of life for the peoples that it had brutalized in the past.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH

OK, any of you Americans who want to escape from your horribly unfair legal system are welcome back to the homeland any time.
                              Not all Americans are of British descent. But thanks for the offer!
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X