Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does music make you think of?

Sorry for the grammar fou pax.

Whenever I hear a tune by the band Chicago, I want some Demon Dogs hot dogs and fries. It's under the Fullerton El stop in Chicago, best fries I've ever had, not contest (and Chicago has some great fries). The owner's brother is in the band and he is also the manager for the band. On the walls of the place you can see all their gold and silver and platinum albums.

Johnny Cash makes me want to get drunk and fight. (I don't, though).

Led Zepplin reminds me of cool nights in the Northwoods, though the Florida pine forests seem to have that feel about them also.

Jimmy Buffet reminds me of the Florida Keys.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Pink Floyd makes me think of that talking rectal judge at the end of The Wall.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Alan Jackson makes me think of lazily riding the Chatahootchie River (unsuprisingly).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

All the things I could be doing besides sitting on my rear listening to oddly arranged sound waves.
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I have a photographic memory for music in a way. If I hear a song that I haven't heard in a while I'll sometimes flash back to where I was when I first heard it, or it first made an impression. For instance while listening to the radio an old song will come on and I'll remember being in a car at a certain intersection facing a certain direction, with certain people with me. I can usually remember where we were going, and sometimes what else happened that day. Sometimes it gives me chills because it is such a clear memory. This is one reason why I have been buying up a lot of radio music from the sixties and seventies. It can transport me back in time and uncover things I had long forgotten about.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

ak1200's lock and roll mix reminds me of my first semester at junior college/junior year of high school camping out with a bunch of folks on angel island.

most funky and filter house reminds me of my raving days back in 2000-2001

most my memories that are associated with music are overly nostalgic and thats depressing.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Heavy metal makes me thing of, the world is going to end soon...

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

most slow music reminds me of all my regrets and mistakes in life I've made.

Happy music (aka ska) makes me think of all the crazy a** stuff my friends and I did in high school and the early years of college.
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I have a photographic memory for music in a way.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The Pouges get me into the mood of brutally killing english people. To hell or Connauhgt, may you burn in hell tonight! Of cource I've never feelt any anger against englishmen or even been to Ireland otherwise, but...

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                      I have a photographic memory for music in a way.
                      Phonographic memory maybe?

I have a similar experience. Certain albums remind me of certain journeys. Kate Bush, for example, always reminds me of sunflower fields in France.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Chillout music makes me relaxed and optimistic.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                        X