Quick question: how do I find my IP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question: how do I find my IP?

I've never needed to know it until now. A friend and I want to do a direct IP connect to play a computer game. (gamespy sucks)
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

start -> run
    type in cmd or command
    then in the dos-prompt "ipconfig"

i assume you're running windows
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

thanks.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

also:

urgh.NSFW

Comment

start----->run----->winipcfg
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

!
            WARNING
            YOUR COMPUTER IS BROADCASTING AN IP ADDRESS

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              start----->run----->winipcfg
              That is, if you run a non-winXP version

Doesn't work in XP, if you prefer clicking rather than typing and going all the way to dos prompt just do:

start => settings => Network connections => Local Area Connection => then hit the "support" tab and there you go
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

My. They certainly made it easier, didn't they ?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                  !
                  WARNING
                  hi ,

nope it aint

grc.com is intresting on all there is to know about ip's , .....

ps , you should protect your comp with at least the free zonealarm from www.zonelabs.com JW , send a pm if you need more info on comp security

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

ipconfig also works fine, including on XP.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

!
                      WARNING
                      I really, really hate that ad whenever I see it....
                      DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

!
                        WARNING
                        ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                          hi ,

nope it aint
                          Hi Professor panag,

If I may, I'd like to point out that if your computer was not broadcasting an IP address, you would most certainly not be receiving this message.

Since this concept is apparently complex for you, perhaps an analogy would suffice? Think of your post office -- when you send letters to strange people, how do they know who to send it back to unless you put a return address on it?

Cheers,
                          Elder Asher of the Church of Latter-Day Saints
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes, because I'm sure he needed to be demeaned in order to be taught that.
                            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Indeed.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X