So who likes fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who likes fishing?

Caught a 33.5 in Striped Bass yesterday on Long Island sound. My friend caught a 36 in striped Bass and he wants to grill that **** for memorial day. There's no way in hell Im eating what I caught. Water is dirty as hell.

Anyways my point is, anyone fish here in poly? Where do you fish? what game do you go for? Do you use lures or live bait? I like to mainly fish for flukes in mid summer. But yesterday Im sure glad my friend suggested to try this one spot in LI. There was about 4 hours or nothing but we were getting bites like crazy the last 15 min.
    :-p

I enjoy fishing around Granby and Grand Lake occasionally. What we use up there typically depends on where we're fishing and what we're going for. Out on the lake, we fish for lake trout, so we go with a combination of live bait and salmon eggs. In the canal, we use jigs to go for trout and salmon. Out by the dam, it depends on the day and what the salmon want, so just about anything goes.
    "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
    "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

I only fish for compliments.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

i used to fish every weekend in my early to mid teens. it was really a great time, just bring my walkman and a few tapes relax, reel some in, shoot the **** with some of the other people.

i did nothing but freshwater fishing from the shore, mostly for trout at a lake near my house. i used mostly power bait from 3 different jars, but sometimes i tried using lures...i had good days and bad days there. the best was when i caught 3 nice sized trout and sold them to a few guys as i was leaving for 10 bucks.

the best fishing i had though was for walleye on lake erie on a nice sized boat. that was some of the best fishing i ever had. i was using minnows and they were hitting like crazy that day.

it was fun too because i was driving up from colombus ohio in the worst weather too, and it was just storming terribly that day. i could only see 15 feet ahead of me because of the rain. but as soon as we got up to erie it cleared up and made for a really pleasant day.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I like to fish. I have a house right on the lake where I can catch pike, perch and even salmon.

However, I think it's more exciting to catch species I have never seen before. Whenever I'm on a long business trip I try to get a day off for fishing. Especially when going to seminars in US, It's cheaper for my company to buy a stay-over-weekend tourist class ticket and few extra hotel nights than a business class ticket arriving just on time. What a great way to cure a jet lag!

Sometimes I also go on certain fishing weekends with "the boys", especially to Norway where the big fish are (see picture). This is a North Atlantic Ling (Molva Molva) that I pumped all the way from 300 meters depth . It was 18.6 kg AFTER it puked its guts out.
          Attached Files
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

beautiful. where did you catch it?
            CSPA

Comment

fishing is great. I like "discovering" new species too.
              or if I'm just hungry I'll go to some of my secret spots (mostly cod and mackerel there).
              CSPA

Comment

This was caught in Langesund, with the expert skipper Ulf Stahre.
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Here's an Albacore I caught in San Diego a while ago.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sweet!!!! The most I caught was a 3 pound trout!!!
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

I like to fish for largemouth bass; especially using a top-water lure, so they come up and dance on their tail.
                      Catch-and-release for me.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I do mostly reef fishing (well, this IS an island). Mostly small fishes. I haven't been deepsea fishing, but my cousin did. He catches marlin and mahimahi like crazy.

I usually go reef walking and catch eel.
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                        *****Citizen of the Hive****
                        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Too bad I don't have my fishing album in digital form. I will have to ask my sister to scan it for me one day, so I can show you the barn door of a Stingray I caught on Gran Canaria. Or the Blue Shark from France, or the Barracuda, or the Cobia, or...am I boring you?

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
                            Sweet!!!! The most I caught was a 3 pound trout!!!
                            like me!
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Woaah, nice pics Olaf!
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X