Illian Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffor
    It really sounds like a cool place, for sure.
    Absolutely
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Spiffor, you and I must have posted within seconds to this thread which hasn't seen a post in...
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Actually, I've answered after seeing your reply.
        But I thought it was funnier to quote myself in a typical Lancer-style
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Well I never...

"Well I never..."

Comment

If you are into hills, you should visit Stuttgart. The city is surrounded by hills, and there are tons of forests when you can really feel alone and tranquil.

The few times I went there with my girlfriend were terrific, but it is much better to do it when the weather is sunny.
            I'm eagerly awaiting the next time we do this.

Comment

Stuttgart. no skyscrapers.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Cities devoid of skyscrapers can look good, and often do.
                Unfortunately, Suttgart doesn't

But the hills and forests around sure rock. A short fare in a bus, and you switch from a busy city centre to the middle of nowhere

Comment

I'm partial to tropical hills. The foliage of palm and banana trees, orchids growing here and there, plus the warmth, even early in the morning, goes right to the bone. The older I get the better that feels. Then there's the Garden Cafe on the way back. The friendly Filipina waitresses...Garden Cafe is the place where Zkribbler (I hope) and I will help a couple of deaf workers. Take them to the doctor and get em fixed up. I remember one waitress particularly. She looks like she has some Spanish blood, so spirited, VERY good looking. Can't speak a word though. I hope that can be changed, that she can live a normal life, get married some day...maybe to one of you guys...

Zkribbler, you can stay at the Cafe or move into our house to save dough, or move back and forth...

Comment

Hi Lance
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hiya Derek ol' Pal.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                        Cities devoid of skyscrapers can look good, and often do.
                        Unfortunately, Suttgart doesn't

But the hills and forests around sure rock. A short fare in a bus, and you switch from a busy city centre to the middle of nowhere
                        You know, I first realized how much I love modern and post modern architecture when I was in Paris. The inner city looked great, but I was really swept at "La Defence".
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Derek, you up for a Philippine trip in September '04? Another do-gooders mission... help the deaf...

PLUS!

Inexpensive vacation in a foriegn land with a different culture, excellent fresh seafood that's cheap, good beer and perdy women.

Could be worse.

In?

Comment

Please stop Lancer, you're making me eager of spending my retirement there

Comment

There's a French Canadian there, we're pals.

Comment

are you Filipino, Lancer? I always thought of you as a crusty old white guy.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X