Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny weird parody site.

Check it out:

I have a habit of looking around for weird religious organisations on the internet. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw these guys new design for the US Flag and this bio of one of the members:

Kyle started out hating Christians. He listened to anti-Christian music, played violent video games, and created a website attacking various Christian organizations while praising the work of Chris Harper. Kyle was a troubled boy. However, this all changed when he found Jesus. Since then he has gotten himself cleaned up, has started listening to Christian rock, and is now a respectable looking young lad. His parents - being Jewish - were hesitant to accept his new found faith, but they do consider it better that Kyle is now following Jesus instead of Marilyn Manson. Kyle has been helping us maintain our website since finding Jesus and is now attending Fellowship Christian High School.
    Only feebs vote.

You sure this is not serious?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I must admit I have looked for hints of parody in the site with nearly no success. The only thing is that the guys at the site sometime refer to infidels as "ignorant people", and a proselytic organization wouldn't afford such arrogance towards their target audience. However, they mostly refer to this audience as "unsaved people", which makes me think this site is simply matching the ugly-intolerant-christian-American stereotype.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

This would seem evidence that they are not real:

Our proposed new version of the U.S. Flag. This design makes it visually clear that we are a Godly nation.
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Typical
          be free

Comment

And yet one of the seven sins is pride - something America excells in.

Jesus said in the bible he disliked hypocrits the most
            be free

Comment

Furthermore,

Fred - or as he likes to be called, Skeet - is a valuable member of the Mt. Fellowship Baptist congregation as well as having his own youth ministry rock band: Zounds!. He was recently appointed Abstinence Czar by the Fellowship Baptist Convention. He was also the one who brought this whole Internet thing to our attention. Thanks Skeet!
              and

Our own Fred Hoskins has been appointed Abstinence Czar during Sunday night's emergency FBC meeting. Fred's tireless work with at-risk school children and teenagers through his youth ministry rock band, Zounds!, and his innate ability to reach out to today's youths and make them understand that Christ has a purpose for them are the factors that earned him the position. In his acceptance speech, Fred - a recovering, former member of the homosexual lifestyle who was himself helped to Salvation by the Fellowship Abstinence Ministry - vowed to witness to youths the power of "Christian Love and Clean Living and Rock and Roll". Now that Fred has been appointed, we can finally put the ugliness surrounding the previous Abstinence Czar behind us. Congratulations Skeet!
              Ugliness oorrounding previous Abstinence Czar? The idea of an abstinence czar sounds absurd enough, but this Fellowship Baptist Convention was not found on a google in a search. It all sounds too suspect.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

If it is a parody, it's close enough that I'm not sure.
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Looks legit to me. They seem to have a pretty big beef with Landover Baptist Church, which is a parody site. Many Christian goof sites crosslink into the Landover universe, ala http://www.bettybowers.com
                  "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

The site that linked to it says it is a parody. Look at some of the titles of papers they've written.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                    X