Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IT'S SPRING!!! What is your favorite plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT'S SPRING!!! What is your favorite plant?

Well OK, it's spring in the Northern Henisphere.

Quick post rules:

Fungi ARE NOT plants, they are more closely related to animals than to plants.

Most algae ARE NOT plants, all but green algae are protists, other algae were protozoans that captured different free Cyanobacteria (like red algae), or captured a green alga (like in Eugena).

My favorite is Gingko biloba, the Maidenhair tree, famous for its leaves, which are said to improve memory. It is the last surviving species of the highly successful Gingkophytes, gymnosperms who dominated the temperate woodlands in the Triassic and Jurassic. They can live for 6,000 years and doo very well in the cities since they can tolerate pollution amazingly well. But remember to get a male, the females' fruit smells like rancid butter.

cactus
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Cannibis

nah... a Zinnia flower... though i've never seen one, it's also my girl's name so it's my favourite flower whatever it looks like
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

wait... Odin... did you say Gingko?!

practically the only tree that grows in philly and it smells like ****... how the hell can that thing be your favourite?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

i thought you were with shaniqua speer?
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
            wait... Odin... did you say Gingko?!

practically the only tree that grows in philly and it smells like ****... how the hell can that thing be your favourite?
            Only the female trees smell. whoevever planted female Ginkoes there in Philly was an idiot.

Up here in NW Minnesota for trees we have Bur Oak, Jack Pine, White Pine, Red Pine, White Spruce, Black Spruce, Blue Spruce (introduced), Juniper, Cedar, Arborvitae, Hemlock, Green Ash, White Ash, Red Maple, Sugar Maple, Silver Maple, Box Elder Maple, Sycamore, American Elm, Red Elm, Slippery Elm, American Mountain Ash, European Mountain Ash (introduced), Poplar, Wild Cherries, and Babylonian Weeping Willow (introduced).

Comment

It's not the Dandelion (all over my lawn).
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Odin, females always smell
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                  The flesh of the fruit smells like rotten meat. Otherwise it's all right.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

What is your favorite planet:
                    The one I'm on?
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think it is called the cotton tree. It looks best when flowering. This is what the flowers look like:

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: IT'S SPRING!!! What is your favorite plant?

Originally posted by Odin
                        Quick post rules:

Fungi ARE NOT plants, they are more closely related to animals than to plants.

Most algae ARE NOT plants, all but green algae are protists, other algae were protozoans that captured different free Cyanobacteria (like red algae), or captured a green alga (like in Eugena).
                        pfft! Forget it then.

Comment

Nuclear Plants, 'cuz they give 100% boost in production.

...Needle trees, they smell good...
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                          X