Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of the religious types around here have and explanation for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRT144
    now the idea of a daughter using a mind control spell so her father could buy her 200 dollars worth of more D&D crap...thats aiming low.
    It seems like he is actually legitimizing the occult... if I were preaching against occult stuff, I would certainly not give examples of how it worked. I thought the whole point was that it was false...

Are they lobotomized?
    A nutcase is a nutcase, whether they are religious, atheist, liberal, conservative... the guy is crazy and that's no fault of religion. Doubtless, if brought up beleiving in some other cause he'd be writing tracts about something else.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

There was a quite bizarre murder in Sweden a year ago or so linked to roleplaying. I'm not sure if they ever found a real, solid connection between the two things. Besides that both the killer and the victim played the game. It was some kind of live vampire roleplay, not the good old game with a couple of dices. It's was both amusing and at the same time somewhat distrubing to read what journalists that didn't have a clue about it wrote about it, both in the tabloids and more 'serious' papers.

In my book, religion has so far been a source for so much more wrongdoing that roleplaying can ever cause even if there would be some kind of link between roleplay and violence. Something I seriously doubt. Obviously, religious people that doesn't even know what they are talking about would never take that into consideration.

Comment

i love how he gets history mixed up with relation to catholics

Damien was VERY religious. But when he learned the history of Catholicism, he knew his church could not save him...only Jesus could.

aparently the pentecostals and southern baptists were around in 400 b.c. and are the true church. nevermind the fact that protestantism came from catholicism and that before the reformation there was practicly no other christian denomination other than catholicism.

edit: note the angry jesus ruling from heaven. pure comedy gold!
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

What about the orthodox church?

Comment

well besides the orthodox church, but i was assuming her never heard of it. and considering that he solely demonizes the catholic church...i dont think it really matters.
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Orthodoxy, Copts, Marionites, and several orther eastern subgroups existed. I believe there was even a small group of christians in China though I can't remember their name right now.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

As a side note, I myself roleplayed for several years, both as a DM and a regular player. And I was NEVER invited to join any form of occult group. I'm really dissapointed.

Comment

Oerdin:
                  Try "Boo!," on the same site. It's even worse. Or "The Traitor" or "Trust Me," like I said. I can't remember the title of the one with the bully. Also "The Holocaust," which explains how the pope was responsible for it all, and there's a big catholic conspiracy to conquer america and apple pie and replace it with wicked idol worship and blah blah blah.
                  It's not religion in general that makes you that crazy. It's just chick's peculiar blend of hyper-right-wing paranoid pseudo-gospel televangelist rant. I think it's the natural fusion of the cynicism of the baby boomers and the comparatively normal zealousness of Billy Sunday back in the thirties.
                  MRT: I said much the same thing about pro-choicers. I only got kvetched at. Learn from my mistakes; generalized insults just make the people you mock think you're an ***hole. Come on now.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Someone else reads Something Positive! w00t!
                    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                      i love how he gets history mixed up with relation to catholics

Damien was VERY religious. But when he learned the history of Catholicism, he knew his church could not save him...only Jesus could.

aparently the pentecostals and southern baptists were around in 400 b.c. and are the true church. nevermind the fact that protestantism came from catholicism and that before the reformation there was practicly no other christian denomination other than catholicism.

edit: note the angry jesus ruling from heaven. pure comedy gold!
                      Actually, Satan going "I got it!" is the true bit of comic masterwork in that one!

I suggest Chick read "A History of Religious Ideas" so he learns what absolute bunk his theory on Semaris is.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

the way in which he portrays native americans is hilariously intolerable

edan: i am an *******. but im a christian ******* and thats good enough for god.

Comment

The ancient Chinese Christians were called Nestorians. They were a tiny minority but still interesting to read about. Here is a link.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well, these claims that kids might be learning about the "real occult" have been scientifically tested...

Spellcasting 101: Don't Try This At Home

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Bodiless
                              Well, these claims that kids might be learning about the "real occult" have been scientifically tested...

Spellcasting 101: Don't Try This At Home

ROTFL

Comment

BTW, Jack Chick seems to spew the same perverse rhetoric I've heard time and time again from misinformed "Catholic bashers." This is the first time that I've read his "comics" but he's showing the wisdom that only a misinformed, mental patient would possess.

Comment

Working...
                                X