No announcement yet.

"Bruce Almighty" — Good Movie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking brief of "Dumb and Dumber," the theater showed the trailer for "Dumb and Dumberer" prior to "Bruce Almighty." It was the most *horrible* trailer I've seen in years! Only "Battlefield Earth" looked worse in recent memory.

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper

I didn't mind Matrix Reloaded, but the "tribal dance" scene in Zion made me wonder if the Wachovski (sp) brothers are sexually deprived or something.
      Well, their first movie was "Bound", which was pretty sexy. Gina Gershon + Jennifer Tilly = HOT!!!

Regarding Jim Carrey, nobody mentions "Man on the Moon"? That was Academy Award material there and Carrey got no recognition for it...
      "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
        Are you nuts? This movie sucked, blew, and stunk. There were a few good laughs, but the plot was uberlame and uberpredictable. Anyone who likes this better not complain about Matrix 2 because that movie is a hundred times better and more fulfilling than this one.
        Well, at least one person here has a brain. This movie should be called Suckass Almighty, because that's exactly what it did. There were some rare funny moments strewn across a boring and rather trite plot, basically causing the whole thing to SUCK!
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Regarding Jim Carrey, nobody mentions "Man on the Moon"?

Oh yeah!

He should have been nominated for an Acadamy Award for Truman Show and Man on the Moon. He won Golden Globes for both of them.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Man on the Moon was excellent, the Truman show was OK IMO.
            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

The Truman show was great. never saw man on the moon.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I think he has the reputation of being just a comedian clown with limited acting abilities. After movies such as dumb and dumber (which I never saw since it seemed repulsive enough) maybe he got that reputation.
                Paitkis, watch "Dumb and Dumber", it's hilarious...

Comment

Carry's best work always bombs, cuz audiences want to see him be a clown. Cable Cuy was ****ing brilliant and The Truman Show was also quite good. Bruce Almighty seems silly enough, but I'll wait untill it comes out on video. I really only go to see action movies and anime in the theater anymore. Everything else can wait.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

what theater shows anime? who in the hell watches that crap?

dumb and dumber is a classic. Much better than something about mary. I have the DVD of course.

Comment

can someone please tell me why americans are so stupid?

Apparantly some woman is getting flooded with phone calls because the movie Bruce Almighty used a real telephone number in the movie. And now americans all over the country are calling that number.

I don't understand why people are so stupid.

Comment

If you're havin' trouble with the high school head
                        He's givin' you the blues
                        You wanna graduate but not in his bed
                        Here's what you gotta do
                        Pick up the phone
                        I'm always home
                        Call me anytime
                        Just ring three six two four three six oh
                        I lead a life of crime
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

IMO, Man on the Moon, Truman Show, and Cable guy were the worst Carrey movies ever...

to Bruce Almighty!
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                          X