Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much have you changed since High School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, that doesn't bode well for JohnT.

Comment

Unless I've discovered the Fountain of Youth!

Comment

Was an uptight highstrung introverted ***** in HS pretty much, never drank at all.
        Now my shoulders seem to have gotten a few inches wider (am 20 pounds heavier despite having the same waist circumfrance and height) and I'm more more laid-bakc, even-tempered, goofy, drunken and generally nicer. Still have no eye-hand coordination though
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I would like to go back to my hometown in Calais Maine and see some of the teachers..apologize for making life tough...man..I was a real weinie..
          I think that would be an incredible jesture on your part, and something that would inspire them

Oh, and it's been two years...I think I've grown on a few levels...intellectually and emotionally, but for the most part I'm much the same. Don't drink, don't do drugs, don't smoke, am pretty cautious about relationships and don't just screw around. I guess I've become a bit more laid back about certain things, but not most.
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Not at all... But then I finished high school only 2 weeks ago
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Congradumalashun's Eli
              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

For me, high shcool ended in 1993 and I have changed a tremendous amount. I was not born to be a kid. Only after leaving high school and leaving my parents' house did I really become comfortable being myself. As a teenager I didn't really know who I was, although I guess many teenagers don't.

Comment

Hm, I am more skeptical, knowledgable, cynical, assertive, even-handed, clear-headed, compassionate, vocal.

And bulker
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It's been a year since the end of highschool. Since then:

I am much more self-reliant.
                    I have much more self-esteem.
                    I have much more confidence.
                    I am studying harder. ( duh! University>>>Highscool ).
                    I've gained 30 lbs in weight.

Leaving highscool, and highscool culture was great. I AM THE MAN!!!! *chestthump*
                    Last edited by Az; May 24, 2003, 08:31.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18

Not all of us are as old as our avatars.
                      Now, I wont dare "Pick" at the Master Obiwan...just the mere thought makes me leary of a Jedi-Mind Trick........

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Finishing highschool, leaving friends, family, one transatlantic move and making new friends has done wonders to my confidence. I've got a much stronger feeling of who I am now and I'm not afraid of the future.
                        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I've changed a ton, and it's only been a couple years. The biggest changes have been in the past month, though.

High School: Very avoidant, people knew of me but very rarely did I talk to anyone aside from a group of friends who made an effort to talk to me. Did not want to go to clubs, did not want a SO.
                          Now: Fairly outgoing, tons of people talk with me and I talk with them. Love going to clubs, have an SO.

High School: Didn't do any homework unless I absolutely had to.
                          Now: Enjoy doing my homework.

High School: Didn't drink coffee, hated the taste of beer and only got drunk occasionally and only for the funness of getting drunk. Marijuana was very occasional (couple times a year).
                          Now: Drink coffee, beer is pretty good, drink socially as well as to get drunk. Marijuana is now once a month or thereabouts.

High School: Lack of self-confidence.
                          Now: Perhaps a bit too much self-confidence.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I was expecting one of these conversations at some point, but hell I only left 9 days ago. I doubt I've changed much at all. maybe become a little more diligent in my studies...
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                              Not at all... But then I finished high school only 2 weeks ago
                              Way to go, EEEEEEEElllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                                I was expecting one of these conversations at some point, but hell I only left 9 days ago. I doubt I've changed much at all. maybe become a little more diligent in my studies...
                                Grown an inch more hair, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X