Why is section 8 housing so nice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is section 8 housing so nice?

I never really realized the huge difference until i went to my boy's house and one side of the street is non-section 8 rowhomes, half of which are boarded up... and across the street is the public housing which is nice, twin houses... the contrast between both sides of the street was ridiculous...

so what's up with that? how come the section 8 people live better than the lower middle class people in our broken down 80 year old rowhomes? ****'s crazy...

thanks
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

You're asking the wrong question.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Perhaps the section eighters have more money? You need to provide us with more info, dude.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

Monolith:

i don't know... sometimes i swear people on welfare and gov't housing got more money than people who got jobs...

what else can i say? from experience, section 8 people live in better houses than everybody else... i guess i should try to get a picture up to show the dramatic difference but i dont got none of sec 8 housing... if you saw the pics i posted before of my neighbourhood, that **** is non-section 8 and it looks pretty run-down whereas the section 8 houses are twin houses (not rowhomes) and got small yards and what not. they are just plain nicer.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It's probably just newer. Give it a couple years and it will not look much better than anything else.
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Take comfort-- the projects of Las Vegas are pretty icky.
            If playground rules don't apply, this is anarchy! -Kelso

Comment

Originally posted by tandeetaylor
              Take comfort-- the projects of Las Vegas are pretty icky.
              Double that for New Orleans projects.
              - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
              - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
              - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

What is section 8? And what is a project?
                The monkeys are listening.

Comment

Section eight refers to a subsidized housing program that provides vouchers to people who otherwise would be unable to afford rent.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Re: Why is section 8 housing so nice?

I was never one to truly appreciate the asthetic of padded walls and such, but for the sake of discussion I'll concede the point. The reason they have them is so that those crazy people won't throw themselves into a hard wall, possibly damaging it.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Perhaps the Section Eighters keep better care of their houses than white trash like you Albert...?
                      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

"i don't know... sometimes i swear people on welfare and gov't housing got more money than people who got jobs..."

Perhaps they are a actually quite clever and know how to fiddle the system better than you can?
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                          It's probably just newer. Give it a couple years and it will not look much better than anything else.
                          This is the most likely answer, Albert. And not only are the new homes newer, they are in a more modern style with modern fixtures, etc. Of course they are going to look nicer than the 80-year old rowhouses across the street - the laws of entropy demand it!

Comment

Boddingtons:

There are plenty of welfare receiptents who do fool around with ****... some got jobs that would put them over the welfare line but they get paid under the table... others deal, etc.

alright i guess it is because the houses tend to have been built only in the past few years... but how come people who are just above the poverty line can't get no new houses? oh well.

thanks

Comment

"There are plenty of welfare receiptents who do fool around with ****... some got jobs that would put them over the welfare line but they get paid under the table... others deal, etc."

So it's not the welfare that's to blame, it's the black market dealing. Yeah?
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X