Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayor Street catering to the rich liberals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to taking action against pamhandlers. At least in Pittsburgh, the city provides them with government coupons for food and provides them with shelter. Of course, said coupons can't be used for beer and alcohol, so they need to panhandle for that. Also, in many cases panhandlers do have homes or even jobs, they just panhandle for extra money. They are often agressive and deceiptful in their actions. So to anti-panhandling regulations.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Shi, you're a dirty rich liberal!
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

nonono, i am a libertarian in the speer mythology, which is like a liberal except with extra evil

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
          it's a crime to ask people for money? that's crazy
          If you apply for a loan at a bank, no. If you get in someone's face on the street, it can be.

and the other thing to note is that the police are going to be in rich center city... there's beggers all over the city but for some odd reason, the beggers in the gutters of the city is going to be ignored but as soon as beggers are in the rich white area... oh no! bring the police!
          We have to do something to keep you common rabble and peasants from messing up our part of town.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
            nonono, i am a libertarian in the speer mythology, which is like a liberal except with extra evil
            Either way, we're gonna ship you to Cuba just to be safe!
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Awesome. After nearly a year of Pittsburgh weather, I am ready for Cuban exile.

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
                Well from what I know of the reputation of the Philly police department, I'd just be happy that they're busy with dealing with someone besides me...
                Yea, they are the only police department in the country that I know about whose bomb squad makes and deploys bombs rather than just disarming them.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Oerdin:

Hmm, probably because he doesn't care about the poor parts of the city or he doesn't have the money to have officers every where so he's going to help out the people that butter his bread for him.
                  First of all, i don't see what the problem is with someone asking for money. it might be a slight nuisance but ultimately, what's the harm? It also starts the slippery slope of having street vendors be taken out next (many of whom do advertise by calling out) which would be ludicrious...

now if he was going to have this program, fine, but i don't understand why it is being done only in the rich, very nice area of the city. Again, it seems that the Democrats are only caring about the constituents that supply them with the most campaign money...

If you really want to clean up a city you follow Rudy's "broken window" plan and make sure every part of the city is clean, neat, and orderly.
                  Mayor Street has an anti-blight program... the problem is that it only is being done in north philly. I have a suspicion that he is ignoring other areas of philly that voted less solidly in his favour the last election (when he won 51%-49%)

Black Dragon:

Libertarians are not that bad... i can at least take consolation in the fact that libertarians have almost no support whereas liberals are fairly strong so i don't fear libertarians at all...

besides, the libertarian candidate for governor in the last election, Ken Krawchuck, came to my school... he was hilarious. ever seen him in action? in a debate or rally or anything? he's a nut...

thanks
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

it seems that the Democrats are only caring about the constituents that supply them with the most campaign money...
                    that's politics... you think the Republicans are any different?

And isn't it ironic some complaining about a Democrat who won a close election.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This isn;t pro-liberal Speer, this is pro-Rich, and that should not surprise you.

Question: how many fellow conservatives and (to be)registered republicans live in the neighborhood you live in?
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

"Libertarians are not that bad... i can at least take consolation in the fact that libertarians have almost no support whereas liberals are fairly strong so i don't fear libertarians at all..."

OF course, you don't need to feed the extreme libertarians at all who are in their own party. However, moderate Libertrians such as Ming or myself are more of a problem for you, since we can corrupt the GOP from within

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer First of all, i don't see what the problem is with someone asking for money. it might be a slight nuisance but ultimately, what's the harm?
                          Read your own article, you chugnut. It's "Aggressive begging". In other words, a minor step down from extracting money through menaces.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Good move for Philly.
                            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

John Street is a bum
                              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

GePap:

While registered republicans are rare, my neighbourhood voted pretty good for the Republican Sam Katz last election and will probably do so again. the puerto rican areas of the city tend to be more conservative and especially anti-Street as there is some sentiment that Street's programs are racially biased in favour of blacks.

no one the **** is bothered by the fact that the rich people are acting like, there's a poor begger on our block! bring the police!
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X