No announcement yet.

How do I get rid of a mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my (rather dirty and nasty) college neighbors lived in a house with six single guys and all of them were slobs. It didn't take to long before their house had a healthy and growing rodent population so they ended up using those glue traps. As I recall they caught several mice with them.

Sadly none of them had the balls to actually kill the, still living, mice so they just left them there to starve to death. When they told me I thought it was cruel so I volinteered to finish them off by drownding them in a bucket. I'm sure it wasn't pleasant but still it is better then letting them slowly die over the course of a week.

As a form of cosmic justice one of the fat bastards got drunk one night, tripped on the floor, and got a glue pad stuck to his beard! That made me a big believer in Karma.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'd suggest blocking up their holes with newspaper, and placing unbaited traps next to holes you can't block up. Worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
        Have been using cheese, bacon, ham, fat and chocolate ...
        The first 4 had a very little chances of success (if, only their curiosity). Natural mice food are vegetables and cereals, not meat or milk products. Chocolate could have worked, they're foodies.

Comment

I have used the following trap successfully a couple of times:

Get a standard household bucket, and half fill it with water. Then cover the surface with a sweet cereal eg Coco Pops, Frosties, Cornflakes, so that no water is visible.

Put the bucket in a likely location such as your kitchen. Find a board or piece of cardboard to use as a ramp, and place it against the bucket so that the mouse can run up it.

Leave overnight.

You will hopefully find that the mouse trots up to the edge of the bucket to investigate the nice smell and jumps into the cereal, not realising there is water underneath. Mouse will drown.

In the morning, empty contents of bucket into bin.

Not humane, but effective

Comment

Buy a small french mouse and plan an elaborate death for it. Just as you are about to send Monsieur rodent to his maker your original mouse will turn up to save the day, you can then get him.

This works equally well with small ducks and kangaroos.
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Fergus Horkan
              I have used the following trap successfully a couple of times:

Get a standard household bucket, and half fill it with water. Then cover the surface with a sweet cereal eg Coco Pops, Frosties, Cornflakes, so that no water is visible.

Put the bucket in a likely location such as your kitchen. Find a board or piece of cardboard to use as a ramp, and place it against the bucket so that the mouse can run up it.

Leave overnight.

You will hopefully find that the mouse trots up to the edge of the bucket to investigate the nice smell and jumps into the cereal, not realising there is water underneath. Mouse will drown.

In the morning, empty contents of bucket into bin.

Not humane, but effective

I made a Rat Trap which was a garbage bin with a piece of wire stuck in the middle. I stuck a piece of card on the wire. On one side of the bin was some peanut butter toast. The rat would wonder along, and his weight would cause the card to turn, and he would fall into the water at the bottom of the bin.

That works a treat.

Comment

Okay, right-click your house and select "properties". Switch to the "Unit Manager" tap. Scroll down until you get to "mouse", cilck on that and you'll find the unit in question, probably named something like "the mouse my cat brought in". Click on it, click the properties button and select "disable this device". Close down the windows and reboot your home.
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Format your house.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

the thing with sticky traps is that you'll be catching a lot of roaches before the mouse comes along and gets stuck.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

DOS
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        Format your house.
                        Ah, but then when you put in the windows again it'll automatically detect the mouse.
                        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
                        X