Medical Opinion 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zylka
    I could probably get away with SHAVING my tongue, no? except it'll be tough to get the ol gilette all the way back there.
    No way!!!!

That would be insane!
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Zylka...I don't want to pry...but my best friend goes through this exact same problem.... Let me PM you...

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
        Let me PM you...
        I have a feeling its not what I want to know so Im bugging off from this thread.
        :-p

Comment

ohhhh now I want to know!!!
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Please! It's not that bad. But it is rather personal.

Comment

OK OK

What is "thrush"

I don't have HIV or cancer but maybe some sort of auto-immune defficiency or poor diet?

*RUSHING OFF TO DO A GOOGLE PICTURE SEARCH ON THRUSG*

Comment

I suggest visiting your doctor for a proper diagnosis. If it is Thrush, it can be cleared up with the proper mdeication.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Hmmm - I just looked up Thrush, and it seems to be a pretty easy to take care of thing. Good luck Z!
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

It's just bacteria, unless I'm badly mistaken - you can scrape it off with patience and an old toothbrush.

Does this mean I HAVE BAD BREATH!!!
                    If it's bacteria, then yes, your breath smells bad.

Comment

Actually, "shaving" your tongue will help - but it won't stop the bacteria from reforming (it will come back again - unless you like shaving your tongue...Eww!, Ouch!, and of course -

Once diagnosed, a simple pill will clear it up in a few weeks.

How does one contract Thrush? I don't have the foggiest idea. I myself have never had the "pleasure" of experiencing it, though my friends have...does anyone know how it's contracted? (sorry, I'm only familiar with its symptoms)
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Thrush IIRC is a fungal infection, I had it and it was cleared up in a week or so after the doctor gave me some stuuf.

I belive natural youghart would work as well
                        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I know what it is, but I'm not telling.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Now Doc, be nice. Some of us appreciate you.

I thought thrush was very rare / impossible, except in those with a compromised immune system.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Thrush is caused by a fungus. I dont know the rate of infection in 'normals' but it's very low. The ID physicians here deal with it a lot in association with HIV since it is much more common in the immunocompromised. In high risk patients its virtually a signpost of HIV infection. Thrush is also a common infection in people using inhaled corticosteroids for allergies. In any case go see your physician.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I got it when I was a student, everyone I knew thought I must have got as a result of nocturnal activities but the doc said you can just catch it generally.
                                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                                X