Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "have you ever noticed that..." thread

Have you ever noticed that...

...the escalators at the mall are never broken, but the ones at the subway are broken consistently

...whenever an advertisement has three people, exactly one will be a minority, usually black.

...nobody uses the smiley anymore?
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

...either the smilie needs to be reversed, or the smilie needs to be reversed. Currently it just isn't working.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Re: The "have you ever noticed that..." thread

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
      ...nobody uses the smiley anymore?
      Rufus did, not that long ago.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

...they have self-flushing public toilets, taps and handryers, but don't have automatic doors so you still get scabies when you touch the handle anyway.

...clothes are always whiter than white, but will be more so in another few months.

..girls pay FAR less for clothes, magazines and get drinks bought for them, but still have the nerve to demand an equal wage

Comment

The animal on the side of the Camel cigarette package is not a camel, but a dromedary.

Comment

Here we go:

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
              ..girls pay FAR less for clothes, magazines and get drinks bought for them, but still have the nerve to demand an equal wage
              Pretty soon those uppity women-folk will be wantin' the vote too!

Comment

.. that Osama and Saddam are still at large and we need to hunt them down and shoot them until they're are dead and killed.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

.. that Osama and Saddam are still at large and we need to hunt them down and shoot them until they're are dead and killed.
                  I will kill you until you are dead

Also, have you noticed that

...while the US economy is in the toilet housing markets have remained constant?

...Martha Stewart ballooning like Oprah?

...though the prices of crude drop, prices at the pump are rarely effected, unless in the plus direction? (they are going to go up again)

...winters are getting longer despite all theis "global warming"?

...there are more and more sit-coms about hispanics?

...the only reasons movies are breaking box office records is because they charge 100,000,000,000,000% more to go than they did only last year?
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

I don't know where you live, but where I live, climate is getting hotter AND wetter (and it's damn wet where I live already , it resembles the uk, but with a whole lot more sunshine)

Eat my **** uk

Winter isn't cold anymore too, it reaches a min of -5 degrees Celsius for a few days, while it should be a bit colder still, and for at least a few weeks!

The difference between now and say 10-13 years ago (because anything earlier I can't remember) is quite big...
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                      ..girls pay FAR less for clothes...
                      Am I the only one that's a tad concerned about how much red_jon's spending on on his wardrobe.

Comment

Girls do - in high street stores girls pay around half of what guys do in many cases. My friend Lindsey says its cos girls need more.

Dya expect me to wear sequined outfits or something?

Comment

Working...
                        X