Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good sound editing and music making software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, just remembered that Siro recommended Cool Edit Pro 2 a long time ago. At least in terms of Internet Time.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

How good are these programs at emulating violins and other strings?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
        I don't know. Perhaps you could recommend one that is better than the ones listed.
        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy

I don't know. Perhaps you could recommend one that is better than the ones listed.
          Aaccckkkkk....!!!! If I could do that I wouldn't have posted my question.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

all these programs can create strings, but its all in how you design the sound. now i could go into the sound design of strings and how you need to use pulse waves with a high pulse width modulated by either the LFO or the envelope, but im afraid im the only on who would understand it.

mind you the violins and strings will sounds synthetic, but i mean, its better than nothing.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
              That essentially has nothing to do with the programs, since they use the MIDI patches on your sound card. Here is where sound card quality is important. If you like to play with MIDI, or at least listen to them on your computer, you'd better off go with a quality sound card, such as Yamaha ones.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
              X