Star's Uni choices, opinions and advice wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star's Uni choices, opinions and advice wanted

The time for choosing a university edges ever closer and what's a better way to get a feel for a place than ask a huge forum full of well traveled, smart people?

Yes, I am this bored.

Below are my choices for university so far in order of preference and where they are located. Any opinions or funny stories about them would be appreciated, as well as any other destinations I may not have considered (in the UK).

1) Edinburgh University (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
    2) University of East Anglia (Norwich, England, UK)
    3) University of Bristol (Bristol, England, UK)
    4) Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales, UK)
    5) I dunno
    6) I dunno

*place I wanted to go to*) University of Toronto (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Well, I'd heard that the Huffington's dominate the footy leagues at Edinburgh, while the Scathsby's are the dominating force at East Anglia, but I confess that I'm not very familiar with Bristol or Cardiff.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

What do you want to do, subject-wise?

I did my undergrad in Edinburgh and it was a pretty nice place to be a student.

Comment

NYU. Come here. You can't resist.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Boris, that was one well concealed come on...
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I wanna do Biochemistry primarily but would not be adverse to taking a similar, related subject.

And boris, smookie, I keep telling you. I gotta see the cash before you see the ass.
            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Concealed...?
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

damnit boris...now i dont know what to say.

A. that was sarcastic
                B. i cant believe i misspelled concealed (which i dont know if i did or not)
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Starchild, snookums, I told you--I won't pay full price for something that is so obviously in in the Previously Viewed bin.

MRT, it's spelled correctly, though "well-concealed" should have a hyphen.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

damn you for making me question my own spelling! and then pointing out poor grammar. although by now you should just ignore all grammar in my posts considering i never adhere to the rules of it.

Comment

Is a van Gogh or Picasso any less valuable just because millions of people have seen it?
                      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                        Is a van Gogh or Picasso any less valuable just because millions of people have seen it?
                        We're talking "viewed" as in the $ .99 rental at Blockbuster, hon.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Says the man who would have to pay someone to press his play button.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I think UBC is pretty good in biochemisty. If you want to go to UT, you might as well try U Wat, uless UT has a better biochem program. It's campus dependent, though.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Choose your subject then choose your university. Even a good university can be crap in some departments. And some departments in under-rated universities can be at the top of the pile.

Unfortunately I can't be arsed to see how good some Biochemistry departments are.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X