No announcement yet.

New Terror Attacks in Morroco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole thing is so sad. What I'm really confussed about is why they would target the Belgian consulate. I mean really didn't Belgium speak up for Iraq yet they still were the first ones to get bombed in Morocco?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      This whole thing is so sad. What I'm really confussed about is why they would target the Belgian consulate. I mean really didn't Belgium speak up for Iraq yet they still were the first ones to get bombed in Morocco?
      You expect rationality from terrorists? I thought lack of rationality was one of the prerequisites of being a terrorist...
      "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

If there is a silver lining to these senseless violience it is that Al Qaeda's reach appears to be effectively confined to the Arab world. The post 9/11 security increases are having the desired effect of keeping Islamic fundimentalists out of western countries.

Now Al Qaeda seems to be turning it's attention to weaker Arab states which have helped stop their attacks in the past.

Comment

If there is a silver lining to these senseless violience it is that Al Qaeda's reach appears to be effectively confined to the Arab world. The post 9/11 security increases are having the desired effect of keeping Islamic fundimentalists out of western countries
          like those British terrorists that exploded in Tel Aviv some time ago?
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Were they Al Queda?
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I'm leaving Israel out of this since no matter what you guys are going to get hit with terrorists. Sorry, but that is the truth.

Comment

But they were Brits. It's not like the usual palestinians.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                  No, but there is Ceuta and Melilla. (spelling? )
                  The spelling is correct, Azazel . However I haven't hear/watched any news that told me the terror attacks that cost the 41 lives (two of them, spanish lives) where related to any of the two cities. Reason for the attack could be (inmho):

1) To attack any western country

2) To attack a country that supported USA in the last war

3) To have a vengance for the unfortunately affair of Isla Perejil/Leia (the tiny, stupid, unuseful rock we were going to move on war for )

The Spanish media is not given any information about a jew restaurant, I believe, for the info I've read, that the attack was directed against Spain, nor the jewish restaurant...
                  Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Oh wait, it's Morroco. I was sure it all happened in Yemen.

Now Dal's statement about the two Spanish cities is clear. For the past two hours I was trying to figure out what the hell Spain is doing in Yemen.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

yaroslav: since we didn't talk to the terrorists themselves, it can be anything. But of course, your newspapers were probably against the war, and now are writing this to say, "aha! told you we shouldn't have supported the US!", or something.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        yaroslav: since we didn't talk to the terrorists themselves, it can be anything. But of course, your newspapers were probably against the war, and now are writing this to say, "aha! told you we shouldn't have supported the US!", or something.
                        It could be, Azazel, in fact I wrote it as the 2nd reason... but I don't believe so. Why? Because the Belgian Consulte has also been attacked.

EDITED: The goverment had deny any bound between the war and the attack. The main party of the oposition has not linked them, but state that

"the war was going to rise the hate towards western world, and with more terror, you get more attack"

Comment

Just for the record, it should be pointed out that Morroco has problems with it's claims on Western Sahara, so it could be possible that this is related. Not likely, I'll admit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                            Just for the record, it should be pointed out that Morroco has problems with it's claims on Western Sahara, so it could be possible that this is related. Not likely, I'll admit.
                            As far as I know, the Polisarian Front (that want a Free Western Sahara) has never used suicide bombers before

Comment

Working...
                            X