X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Joking Aside, What I Really Have Against Mexico

The agricultural burning of fields.

Jiminy H. Crickets!
    Talk about problems breathing, and I'm a several hunded miles away.

I imagine Lefty in San Antonio is about to choke; as well as Tiamat, black widow, David, and Ramo to name a few.
    Dallas is never pristine, but this is ridiculous!

05/13/2003

From Wire Reports

Smoky haze expected to return by midweek

HOUSTON – A cool front Monday lowered temperatures and cleared most of Texas' skies of a lingering smoky haze produced by agricultural fires in Mexico and Central America. Bryan Lambeth, senior meteorologist with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, said the reprieve was expected to be short lived after a weekend in which the heaviest smoke was reported. Mr. Lambeth said the smoky skies should return throughout the state by Wednesday or Thursday.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Do they do it every year?
    What?

Comment

Every year.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

It's horrible here in Houston. You look out the window and there is some bluish off-white color. It's significantly dark so at first you'd think it is an overcast, but then there'd be no blue in the sky and it would be even darker. It just sucks. I was out running for three miles yesterday and I had mild breathing problems. Later today I'm going to have to do yard work too.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Most 3rd world countries do the same. Just be glade you don't have to smell the burning garbage.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Singapore gets this too. Every year the wind carries a thick plume of smoke from Indonesia over Singapore and Malaysia to ensure a maximum rate of asthma attacks.
            Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

*wonders if he should post "Smoke gets in your eyes" in the lyrics thread*
              What?

Comment

Bah, that's nothing. We have to deal with the stink wafting over from New Jersey year-round. Of course, it usually comes in via the bridges and tunnels.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Damn, Richelieu. I should have thought of that.

3rd world, Oerdin ?
                  What's it take, bud? We're sandwiched between Mexico and Canada.
                  Last edited by SlowwHand; May 16, 2003, 13:41.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    3rd world, Oerdin ?
                    What's it take, bud? We're sandwiched between Mexico and Canada.
                    Out side of a few developed cities the rest of Mexico is as 3rd world as it gets. Supposedly Argintina, Chile, and Uruguay are the only really developed countries in Latin America.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I shudder to think how it is in Mexico right now.
                      They're getting this stuff fully.
                      Their's AND Central America's.

Comment

We have to deal with the stink wafting over from New Jersey year-round.

Ya gotta love it when the pot calls the kettle black .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I have been to Mexico twice. Once in 1987 and 1998. Both times I traveled into the Yucatan interior. Little to nothing changed between my visits. Impoverished people trying to wrest a living from the land. Virtually no agricultural equipment. Fire is cheap and does a pretty good job clearing the fields.
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

You are a racist, Sloww. Go back to Gameleague, with your buddy Eyes of Night.

Comment

GP. Some day I've going to sink your sub, with you on it.
                              EyesOfNight, my ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X