Return of the King? nVidia's GeForceFX 5900 Ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the King? nVidia's GeForceFX 5900 Ultra

This is good. Competition heats up at the high-end again.

AnandTech article
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

ExtremeTech article

this is not.

===

don't get me wrong, i favor nvidia over ati, but it's mainly because i have never had problems with nvidia drivers, while ati drivers have constantly been a headache for me.
    B♭3

Comment

I think the two are roughly even now, I'd buy the GeForce FX 5900 if I was buying right now.

ATI has a speedramp in 2 months though.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

honestly, though, the lack of a headache with nvidia drivers might make me stay with nvidia, even with the speedbump that ati's doing soon.

the nv35 came in time, actually. if they'd kept with the nv30, i probably would have gone ati instead.

then again, i'm not really in the market for a new gcard now, anyway, so.
        B♭3

Comment

No...wait for the New 9800 PRO 256 DDR II

Comment

I like Nvidia and all. Great cards. But there last Detonater Driver (43.81? cant think of it right now) were buggy as hell. I tried every possible setting. I hope its not a trend

Comment

really? 43.81 didn't do anything bad to me.

btw, there's a new driver set out, one which seems to work fine as well.
              B♭3

Comment

Im actually using older 40.82 as they work pretty well with my setup. None of the newer drivers are doing it.

Comment

The two are about the same, except the FX5900 Ultra whales in the Doom 3 tests. Nothing like a bit of pressure to keep them innovating, though.
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

wait a sec.... you people have MONEY???
                    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                    Drake Tungsten
                    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                    Albert Speer

Comment

so what difference do gfx cards really make? I just choose the standard really....
                      Up The Millers

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
                        so what difference do gfx cards really make? I just choose the standard really....
                        Facetiousness?

Comment

i wish i had money.

graphics cards these days are like the processor chips. they're things that boys compare to see who's faster.

cellphones are things that boys compare to see who's smaller.

hard disks and ram are things that boys compare to see who's larger.
                          B♭3

Comment

No, I don't have money. I have a "SO tax" of 100%, that means she takes all my money.

Not really, she doesn't take my money, but I promised not to buy random new toys.

Comment

tell her it wasn't random.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X