No announcement yet.

Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a horrible fallacy to think that Saddam was the root of all evil in Iraq. He wasn't. The situation won't become magically better if he and the handful of leiutenents he has are gone. What we're doing is dangerous and irresponsible.
    I disagree. I think Saddam was the root . Not that the tree didn't have a lot of branches.

What we are doing is the only possible solution. The US does not have anywhere near enough people to police a country of 24 million. Perhaps you think it would be better to turn this job over to untrained fundamentalist answering only to the Clerics?
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

The US or better yet the UN can certainly administer the policing of Iraq (Ba'athist membership is only required at higher levels). There's no need to hand off the job to the previous police regime.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
        The US or better yet the UN can certainly administer the policing of Iraq (Ba'athist membership is only required at higher levels). There's no need to hand off the job to the previous police regime.
        In time, I am sure you are correct. The problem needed immediate attention. What else could have been realistically done??
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

If they aren't war criminals, then this is an unpleasant but I feel an expedient measure. We will just have to monito these people however to make sure they don't fall back into old habits...

Key part:
          Rank-and-file party members and mid-level officials "are free to go back to their jobs so long as we don't find blood on their hands," a senior U.S. official said.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

To go to college there you had to be a member of the party. It would difficult to run the country without some of their participation. Not all of them are tainted and it will be difficult to sort them out. Yes a PR hit, but the alternatives have other dissadvantages. I do hope we are sensitive to specific complaints, but I'm sure there are a lot of people with scores to settle.

RAH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Yeah, I noticed that. Glad to see you.

No worries. GePap, Che, and that runt Sava will come in and throw their hands up in the air again.
              *Calc pictures Sava going:*

"Say, hey!~ ho~, hey~ raise da roof! etc"
              :-p

Comment

Working...
              X