Make war, not cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make war, not cars.

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

War less deadly than traffic, suicide, murder, something not named in the article, and accidental poisoning. But war is more little deadly than falling down.
    Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; May 15, 2003, 09:16.
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Nuclear deterence has kept war to a relative trickle.

Plus, this study doesn't take into account the effects of war. Such as disease and starvation.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

hmmm, i guess 30million dead on the eastern front 1941-1945 is a damn site less then the amount of dead from car accidents
      eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

its not war that kills alot its the effects of war
        ffffffffffffffffffff

Comment

I think the peole of Liberia, Angola, DRC, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Ethiopia and Eritrea (back in 1998-99) would certainly want to trade their lovable war situation for one with a lot of car crashes and traffic (hell, if there is traffic, must mean you have enough money to afford a car).
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by twoflower
            its not war that kills alot its the effects of war
            Yeah wars don´t kill people, people kill people
            Blah

Comment

The great problem with this little report is this: all states have car accidents and murders, all the time, while war only applies to a few states. If we had a global, universal war going on, this would hardly be the real case.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

make war and cars, and kill all the people we can. except me, of course. and those i don't want to die.

less people ==> less mouths to feed ==> less traffic ==> less disagreements ==> less wars.
                B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro

Yeah wars don´t kill people, people kill people
                  Guns don't kill people--bullets kill people.
                  Bullets don't kill people--holes kill people.

BAN HOLES!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
                      hmmm, i guess 30million dead on the eastern front 1941-1945 is a damn site less then the amount of dead from car accidents
                      But this is per year right? It's been 58 years since WW2 ended, so 1.2 million times 58 is about 70 million! Of course the vehicular death rate was probably much lower back then. I'd like to see a graph of the rates of vehicular, suicide, homicide and war deaths for the past 50 years.

Let's see: If the world homicide rate is 500,000, and the US homicide rate is 15,000, then the US rate accounts for about 3% of the world total. Since the US population is about 5% of the world total, then the US homicide rate is actually below the world average. Shocking isn't it?!
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                        make war and cars, and kill all the people we can. except me, of course. and those i don't want to die.

less people ==> less mouths to feed ==> less traffic ==> less disagreements ==> less wars.
                        Yey! Good idea! But please let me live!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

But this is per year right? It's been 58 years since WW2 ended, so 1.2 million times 58 is about 70 million! Of course the vehicular death rate was probably much lower back then. I'd like to see a graph of the rates of vehicular, suicide, homicide and war deaths for the past 50 years.

Let's see: If the world homicide rate is 500,000, and the US homicide rate is 15,000, then the US rate accounts for about 3% of the world total. Since the US population is about 5% of the world total, then the US homicide rate is actually below the world average. Shocking isn't it?!
                          Plenty many shocking! Is it common in the US to compare the things you suck in to the whole World instead of just Western countries?

Comment

Originally posted by tinyp3nis

Plenty many shocking! Is it common in the US to compare the things you suck in to the whole World instead of just Western countries?
                            So? Are we not all human? You Europeans probably exterminated all of your most aggressive genomes in your last two major wars. The rest of the world hasn't followed your crude experiments in eugenics.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                            X