The perfect place to immigrate to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The perfect place to immigrate to

I don't get it. More of the people from oppressed foreign countries come to the US than other countries. But the perfect place to go isn't the US. It's Canada.

The biggest reason is Canada is huge with tons of natural resources. It's way bigger than the US and it's got the resources that make lots of jobs and make it a powerhouse.

It has a strong economy.

There isn't much prejudice against foreigners in Canada. The US has a history of disliking immigrants, but Canada's people don't have this bias.

Canada is also a cultural melting pot. This is good because these cultures meld and the best of all the worlds are put into one.

Has a democratic government. So does the US, but Canada's is much like a Confederation. This is better for people as individuals.

Has a very high standard of living. I don't know how the rate this, but I think in atlases Canada's quality of life rating is higher than the US's.

Canadians aren't hated in the world. Americans are.

America has bad politics. Our foreign policy sucks and we have a bad president.

What do you guys think?
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Canada is too cold, and does not have the fame. If people around the world knew what we know, maybe they would go to Canada more often. As it is, plenty of people do.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Canada. See this thread ...

RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Canada's economy is also much more cyclical then the US economy though these has lessened with the passage of Nafta.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

British Columbia
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I also forgot to talk about Canada's beauty. It also has a low population density. You can travel to lost and lost of uninhabited places. Or, if you're the city type there's plenty of big cities.
            "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Originally posted by johncmcleod
              I also forgot to talk about Canada's beauty. It also has a low population density. You can travel to lost and lost of uninhabited places. Or, if you're the city type there's plenty of big cities.
              There is a reason those places are uninhabited. In fact there are about 20 feet of reasons for four month out of the year why so much of Canada is uninhabited.

Do you think it is coincidience that something like 90% of the Canadian population lives in the southern most part of the country?

Comment

Canada's too cold. I'd prefer New Zealand.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

Australia would be cool too though you're grand kinds would all end up with "criminal DNA".

Comment

Canada is also a cultural melting pot. This is good because these cultures meld and the best of all the worlds are put into one.
                    Eh?
                    The way I always heard it was the US was the cultural melting pot in general, while Canada was a "mosaic".

From my own experiences, this is true. Tons of my friends are very traditionalists when it comes to their cultures (Sikh, Muslim, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc), while in the US everyone strived to fit in and be the typical American.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Eh? The way I always heard it was the US was the cultural melting pot in general, while Canada was a "mosaic".

From my own experiences, this is true. Tons of my friends are very traditionalists when it comes to their cultures (Sikh, Muslim, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc), while in the US everyone strived to fit in and be the typical American.
                      That's the way it is supposed to be "officially"... and, yes, actually, in my experience, that's the way it usually is.

Multiculturalism is a national value, ain't it?
                      "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                      "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                      "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

God made the world. As he did so, he spread the natural wealth around from place to place. As Gabriel watched, he enjoyed the fairness of His work. Then, God got to Canada. There he put great forests, large gold deposits, endless mineral wealth and oil, so much oil. Gabriel watched as God lavished Canada with seemingly endless blessings! Finally he could wonder no more, and said, "oh great God, what a wealthy land of Canada you have created in Your wisdom. It has all things, great forests, large gold deposits, endless mineral wealth and oil, so much oil." God figured he was about to get to the point so he looked upon Gabriel. Gabriel gathered himself in the power of God's gaze, and continued, "May I ask O wonderous great God almighty, why you have spread the natural wealth around from place to place, but Canada you have lavished with seemingly endless blessings? God smiled, and answered, "all will be fair, when I add the Canadians."

He went on, "then, I'll add the Americans."
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I think I'll quote my step brother on this one. (This is an old quote, he improved from that but used to be somewhat racist):

"I wanna move to a country that doesn't allow immigrants!"

Comment

Canada is great

Jon Miller
                            (note, Canada has its problems like everywhere else, but overall I think it is a great place to be)
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              God made the world. As he did so, he spread the natural wealth around from place to place. As Gabriel watched, he enjoyed the fairness of His work. Then, God got to Canada. There he put great forests, large gold deposits, endless mineral wealth and oil, so much oil. Gabriel watched as God lavished Canada with seemingly endless blessings! Finally he could wonder no more, and said, "oh great God, what a wealthy land of Canada you have created in Your wisdom. It has all things, great forests, large gold deposits, endless mineral wealth and oil, so much oil." God figured he was about to get to the point so he looked upon Gabriel. Gabriel gathered himself in the power of God's gaze, and continued, "May I ask O wonderous great God almighty, why you have spread the natural wealth around from place to place, but Canada you have lavished with seemingly endless blessings? God smiled, and answered, "all will be fair, when I add the Canadians."

He went on, "then, I'll add the Americans."
                              LMAO!

(\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X