No announcement yet.

The alcohol is oozing from my pores...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The alcohol is oozing from my pores...

And I feel like crap. I'm sitting in my cubical, it is 10:25 in the morning, and I have yet to do anything productive. How did I get this way?

It started after mother's day when I went to the airport to catch my flight back home. My flight was over booked so I volunteered to take a latter flight and in return United gave me a free round trip ticket any where in the lower 48 not only that but they also gave me a free upgrade to 1st class .

Having time to kill I sat in the air port bar for around three hours then boarded my flight where a nubile stewardess gave me a cocktail before I even sat down. The next 1.5 hours were filled with the same hottie bringing me a new screwdriver before my old one was even empty (now that's service). Once I got home at 11pm my roommate talked me into going to the local with him where we continued to drink until they throw us out at 2am.

Now, I'm sitting at work hating myself and wishing my headache would go away.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Have a beer. It will help.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

u booze u looze
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
        Have a beer. It will help.
        I don't think me boss would like that idea.

Though all of the suits are currently out of the office at some meeting.

Comment

Come on I've tried to drink to 1 and get to work at 5:30 so I was pretty Sh!tfaced

But luckily I'm a postalworker so when I got free I was fresh as fish
          "The Parthians are dead, the Britons conquered; Romans, play on!"
          Gamingboard, Rome 3. Cent. AD

Comment

If alcohol is really uzing from your pores start licking yourself

Been there, done that
            Monkey!!!

Comment

More boze is the last thing I want right now. What I really need is a big glass of OJ and a nap.

Comment

Naw: 6 oz. of beer, with 6 oz. of tomato juice, a few dashes of tobasco sauce, one raw egg... Slam it, I gaurentee that you will feel like running a marathon within 5 minutes after that...
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Try drinking too much coffee. Strong coffe that is. Your efficiency will drop tremendously, but at least you'll feel relieved until the end of office hours
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Spiffor: I've been slamming tea since I got here and it is helping a little.

Japher: I would try your remedy but I don't know where I'd find an egg or tomato juice at work. Strangely, we usually we do have beer in the designated "beer fridge" which we drink after work for TGIF.

I think I will be skipping TGIF this week though.

Comment

Friday is a long way off, Oerdin. You'll feel a lot better by then.

I feel your pain. Hang in there. Water + advil + something greasy for lunch (if you think your stomach can handle it).

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Oddly enough I'm actually very hungry. Normally when I drink to much food is the last thing on my mind.

Comment

Re: The alcohol is oozing from my pores...

Originally posted by Oerdin
                          And I feel like crap. I'm sitting in my cubical, it is 10:25 in the morning, and I have yet to do anything productive. How did I get this way?

It started after mother's day when I went to the airport to catch my flight back home. My flight was over booked so I volunteered to take a latter flight and in return United gave me a free round trip ticket any where in the lower 48 not only that but they also gave me a free upgrade to 1st class .

Having time to kill I sat in the air port bar for around three hours then boarded my flight where a nubile stewardess gave me a cocktail before I even sat down. The next 1.5 hours were filled with the same hottie bringing me a new screwdriver before my old one was even empty (now that's service). Once I got home at 11pm my roommate talked me into going to the local with him where we continued to drink until they throw us out at 2am.

Now, I'm sitting at work hating myself and wishing my headache would go away.
                          You have my sympathy, BTW whats 'Lower 48'?

Comment

The lower 48 is an American slang for all the states except for Hawaii and Alaska. I'm thinking about using that free ticket to fly to the Apolyton meet in San Diego this summer.

See Here.

Comment

Oerdin,

I remember a horrible hangover I had in college that was utterly obliterated by a huge steak & cheese (aka Philly Cheesesteak). It took me over half an hour to slowly force that thing down (feeling most of the time like I was gonna puke) but shortly thereafter the hangover completely disappeared. Just vanished. *presto, you feel fino*

That ruled.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X