The Political Compass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more capitalistic than you?!

Well the test is very simplistic, but I support welfare and believe protection is needed in some cases (developing countries).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

considering that i seem to consistently be more capitalist than Imran and DinoDoc which seems very odd, i took the test again...

one question bothers me... Some people are naturally unlucky... what does that mean?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

"one question bothers me... Some people are naturally unlucky... what does that mean?"

It means by testing attitudes in addition to political beliefs, it give in accurate reading of your true political beliefs.
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

i dont know what answers i had that were different but...

Economic Left/Right: 3.25
          Authoritarian/Libertarian: 4.21
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Orig. posted by St. Leo
            While we are discussing this, could someone explain whether:

"Some people are naturally unlucky."

means that:

A) "Some people are talented but have been left in the lurch by luck. It's a no-brainer to see that we need to invest in helping them get back on their feet."
            B) "Some people cannot be helped with any amount of money because they are luckless and forever in the dumps. Paying them welfare would be throwing good money after bad."
            It seems that were going with the B in this thread...

Comment

Economic Left/Right: -6.62
              Authoritarian/Libertarian: -8.97
              You make my life and times
              A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                considering that i seem to consistently be more capitalist than Imran and DinoDoc which seems very odd, i took the test again...

one question bothers me... Some people are naturally unlucky... what does that mean?
                I think if you answer yes to this you will be judged as liberal. If you believe in luck at all you may be more likely to support a welfare system.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                  i dont know what answers i had that were different but...

Economic Left/Right: 3.25
                  Authoritarian/Libertarian: 4.21
                  You're a fascist.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu
                    ½ of us are still "left/libertarian"... Hmmh.
                    Yeah, sounds about right. Half of us are in a fantasy world.

Comment

• damn straight i'm a fascist... but my authouritarian score has dropped since i posted by results a couple pages ago... weird

Comment

• I am slowly going towards the libertarian/authoritarian limit, while remaining staunchly leftwing. Yep, seems about right.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• *Points to his post stating that no one can really be on the right and be a libertarian.*
                          Why? True libertarians would be libertarian right on this scale. The least amount of government possible.
                          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Economic Left/Right: -8.25
                            Authoritarian/Libertarian: -2.41

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• By Agathon's garbage logic, then economic leftists are automatically authouritarian because if you got the state controlling the means of production and livlihood than automatically, you got an authoirtarian state

Comment

Working...
                              X