Faith
    2.70%
    Both
    29.73%
    Neither
    2.70%
    Bannana
    8.11%

Neither. Reason is, to some extent, a faith.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
      Oooh, deep words from the Spiffor.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

I see what your saying, but your wrong lol.

Science admits it dosent have all the answers, what it dosent have it shows-you dont put faith in some made up answer for those questions, you simply take it as an uknown to be discovered.

Comment

reason and faith? what about passion or instinct?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen

I see what your saying, but your wrong lol.

Science admits it dosent have all the answers, what it dosent have it shows-you dont put faith in some made up answer for those questions, you simply take it as an uknown to be discovered.
            Actually science does have faith - it has faith that the laws of nature are immutable. For example that which is true today was true yesterday and will be true tomorrow.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Vivent la raison!

For example that which is true today was true yesterday and will be true tomorrow.

Feel free to cite examples of mutability.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch

Actually science does have faith - it has faith that the laws of nature are immutable. For example that which is true today was true yesterday and will be true tomorrow.
                It dosent say the laws of nature are immutable, it says according to current evidence, the laws of nature are immutable, if however evidence is found to be to the contrary, then that would be brought into consideration and studied.

Comment

The whole foundation of physics requires things to remain the same. All theories are meaningless if they (the laws of nature not the theories describing them) change from one moment to another.

Edited for clarity of what I meant by 'they'.
                  Last edited by Dauphin; May 11, 2003, 17:02.

Comment

Reason.

Reason Reason Reason Reason Reason.

Worked A LOT better than faith, so far.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Faith
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                        The whole foundation of physics requires things to remain the same. All theories are meaningless if they change from one moment to another.

They are not meaningless, but some are shown to be more likley to be true, and others false.

Comment

I dont quite know why, but I originaly read this as "The official Apolyton Reason VS Ned thread"

(Reason)

Comment

wrong big crunch, science already thinks that the speed of light has changed over time. so there goes that. science hsa no faith. it has postulates if u wna go there.

it is willing to go in whichever direction that works.

Comment

Originally posted by yavoon
                              wrong big crunch, science already thinks that the speed of light has changed over time. so there goes that. science hsa no faith. it has postulates if u wna go there..
                              The speed of light isn't a law of nature.

Comment

Working...
                              X