US Lineup In Iraqi Administration... Out with the old, in with the new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Lineup In Iraqi Administration... Out with the old, in with the new

After only 3 weeks in Iraq, there has been a drastic change in the American administration...

Personally, I think there's no better time than the present. After only 3 weeks, you knew the top tier wasn't producing--they did not appear to be effective managers. And when you don't produce, in America you (should) get the axe.

Yesterday, I was nearly brought to cursing about neocon policies and their inability to follow through on what they set out for themselves. Now let's see if the State Department guys can do a little better at following through on neocon policies.
    Last edited by DanS; May 11, 2003, 01:21.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

I guess some of the luster has gone from Rummy and his boys down at the pentagon.....GOOD.

Unfortunitelly DanS, that article is full of lies: I mean, as Ned pointed out, there was no looting in Iraq....
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

To be clear, Rummy is not a neocon. You could look at him as a neocon benefactor.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
        I guess some of the luster has gone from Rummy and his boys down at the pentagon.....GOOD.
        I see no reason to conclude that.
        I'd rather have a German division in front of me than a French division behind me.--Patton

Comment

" I was nearly brought to cursing about neocon policies and their inability to follow through on what they set out for themselves."

Don't tell me that surprised you.
          “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

I'm glad to see that it's result or out mentality..

.. personally I like Do or Die even more, but I guess that's out of the question.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
              To be clear, Rummy is not a neocon. You could look at him as a neocon benefactor.
              Which does nothing to change my point.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                Unfortunitelly DanS, that article is full of lies: I mean, as Ned pointed out, there was no looting in Iraq....
                Indeed, compare the WP spin with the AP report:

WP:

" Iraqis have become increasingly frustrated with Garner's operation, saying that his team has failed to fulfill promises to hand out emergency payments, restore basic public services, address a wave of criminal activity and involve resident Iraqis in the planning for a new government. In Baghdad, many neighborhoods still lack electricity and running water, heaps of garbage line the streets and most shops remain closed because merchants are afraid of looters."

AP:

"Some Iraqis have complained bitterly of the slow pace of the U.S. reconstruction efforts and say that such basic services as electricity and running water remain widely unrepaired a month after Saddam Hussein was overthrown."

http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

But Ned, the Washington Post doesn't list AP as the source. It, seems to be, from their own reporters in Baghdad. I don't think that it's a spin then, unless I'm not correctly informed of the meaning of the term in todays situation.

Comment

BTW, I have been watching the news nearly every day, and I never heard of Bodine being Baghad's real mayor. I wonder why?

Also, how do Islamic peoples respond to a woman politician? Could this have been part of the problem?
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

The WP sure is a dangerous piece of leftist and anti-Bush thought

On-topic : I'm glad the state deprtment seems to be serious in attempting to rebuild Iraq. It seems the Yank diplomacy has been much better and more pragmatic since the end of the war.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                        But Ned, the Washington Post doesn't list AP as the source. It, seems to be, from their own reporters in Baghdad. I don't think that it's a spin then, unless I'm not correctly informed of the meaning of the term in todays situation.
                        The point I made in my other thread is that certain reporters in Iraq are spinning the news in an anti-Bush manner. Not all of them, some of them. I simply compared and contrasted the same story from two different reporters. I did not include a third report from CNN. That report was very sterile. It simply confined itself to the regime change from DOD to State.

We now know that Rajiv Chandrasekaran and Peter Slevin of the Washington Post are spinning the news in an anti-Bush manner.

Comment

While this probably deserves a thread of its own, we now have discovered documents that show that Saddam had secret agents planted in Al Jazeera.

Comment

No, Ned. We are not knowing this. News like the two examples you gave can be considered to be estimates of a theoretical objective truth. We have two estimates but we can not from this directly say what estimate that is the best compared to the truth.

AP is often reporting news in short forms like the one quoted. If a newspaper, as the WS, has their own staff on location it's not suprising that their reports are longer and more detailed.

Also, the point is that your use of the term spin seems quite 'biased'.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                              No, Ned. We are not knowing this. News like the two examples you gave can be considered to be estimates of a theoretical objective truth. We have two estimates but we can not from this directly say what estimate that is the best compared to the truth.

AP is often reporting news in short forms like the one quoted. If a newspaper, as the WS, has their own staff on location it's not suprising that their reports are longer and more detailed.

Also, the point is that your use of the term spin seems quite 'biased'.
                              Hah! BTW, I have this bridge I would like to sell. Called the Brooklyn Bridge. Are you interested?

Comment

Working...
                              X