USN Drinks Portsmouth Dry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USN Drinks Portsmouth Dry.

As was commented on another board, the storage capacity of English Pubs does not impress me.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Why would English pubs keep on hand a large supply of Bud? I mean, when much better beer is also on tap?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

*shrugs* You know, some people like Bud...
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Like Bud?
        *shudders*
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
          *shrugs* You know, some people like Bud...
          Yes, but not the British, so English pubs would not stock large quantities of it all the time.

I guess part of seeing the world is NOT drinking the local ales either...

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Yes, but not the British, so English pubs would not stock large quantities of it all the time.

I guess part of seeing the world is NOT drinking the local ales either...
            Untrue. I know a British person who likes Budweiser. Cold, even.

Comment

A British person? Unless he is a billionaire, He (or she) alone surely could not justify the pubs of Portsmouth being well stocked of Bud, or have enough to supply 5000 drunken US sailors.

Comment

when europeans come to america its not like they drink natty ice. =D

Comment

Natty Ice? :shudder:

Sadly, I must admite to consuming vast quantities of natty ice at college frat parties. The good news is after enough of them they stop tasting horrible and just begin tasting bad.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

US Navy, thing have not change.

Comment

Re: USN Drinks Portsmouth Dry.

Originally posted by Lonestar

As was commented on another board, the storage capacity of English Pubs does not impress me.
                      thats a coincedence , because whenever I've been to the USA, the drinking capacity of American men hasn't impressed me!!

Comment

It's times like these I am proud of my Navy service.

The men are keeping the naval tradition up.

Good work guys

Comment

I can't believe a carrier went up there though.

I'm so pissed. The navy sucked so bad in the Clinton years. We never went anywhere far from our mission path. I have never been to a port of call outside of the mediterranean and the middle east. The navy seems so much better today.

Comment

You were in Israel, Diss?
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

we stopped in Haifa.

Also when I was flying out to meet my ship we flew into Tel Aviv. I was only in the airport there. And we never actually entered the airport. We were left outside . That is where we boarded the COD plane (the planes that carry people and mail and land on air craft carriers)

Comment

Working...
                              X