Why is it immoral to steal movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, you're so rebellious, St. Leo. .

I am stealing all the movies I like. and since I watched most of them in the theaters, I don't think I am doing something wrong, esp. since movie cash returns are at all-time highs.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

I steal their movies and am proud of it.

If I were running a movie studio now, I would give away movies and make money on merchandising and product placement. For many films these revenues exceed that of box office returns.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

The way to enforce a moral code is by law and punishment. People will not restrain themselves willingly in any great numbers. And even if the majority do restrain themselves from taking whatever they want it only takes a small number to screw up the whole society. eg. "Hey, if they can steal then so can I..."

Now the problem with enforcing a moral code with law is that if the moral code is bad then they are enforcing evil (ala Saddam). The founders of the United States had the right idea when they put the moral code on paper. But even then that code enforced slavery!

Comment

Working...
        X