No announcement yet.

Help me, I've started smoking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, I forgot. One of my smoking friends get a little more money than I do (roughly similar incomes). We are both living in student homes, and buy our wares in the same supermarkets, and both don't have cars. He has money problems nearly permanently, while I have a comfortable reserve, even though he is the one who manages his money carefully.

Of course, when nearly 10% of your income simply vanishes in cancer, you cannot hope to save money significantly.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

that was very convincing... thanks, needed that at this late time of night.

*tosses the Gitanes pack into the trash*

Comment

/me waits for JohnT to show up
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've only smoked twice in my 20 year life.

(1) At my friend's kid's birth at TAMU
          (2) After I realised I had really dropped the ball in grades and was going to get booted.

Thank God I didn't keep at it.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I admite I smoke cigars sometimes when I go out clubbing and drinking with my friends and smoking a Turkish water pipe (especially if it's filled with flavored water) just goes so well with drinking Turkish coffee and people watching downtown.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

oh god. i've tried to quite before. i'm in the middle of trying to quit now. i was always one of those that said " nah, i'll never get addicted, i'll quit whenever i want" and now look at me, here i am, frickin addicted. it's hard to quit once you've turned it into a habit, so might as well not even let it get to that point.
              -connorkimbro
              "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

LOSER!!!!

Comment

connorkimbro

Clean out your fricking box, I want to PM you with regards to your job and duty station. ( I may have a buddy that works very close to you.)
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                  X