What kind of gun is he carrying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alvaro
    panag: i related to that in a later post. ("there are no new Uzi's"). both stil carry the licences though. The M.A.G. is in the same status, ofcourse.

As for prices: The IDF gets M16's (long ones after quite some use) at shippment cost every now and then (4 shippments of roughly 35,000 weapons). Same with Kuwait and Saudi Arabia (and Egypt too, I think), however with far smaller quantities.

M4's are purchased at 20$-100$ a piece when they are purchased in batches by the IDF.
    hi ,

source , ...

cause huh , thats not what the taxpayers are paying for it , ....

Israel has never ever bought a gun at 20-100 usd , ...

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

The taxpayers never paid for american assault rifles. I doubt they ever will.

They are paid for with the american financial aid package. It's all symbolic purchasing.

I received my M4A1 from a batch intended for the PALSAR's of the infantry divisions (I serve in field intelligence) a year ago. There were 500 brand new M4A1's with the trijicon day optic and all the fancy stuff in a lovely box.

I asked the colonel (sgan-aluf) who was in charge of distribution how much they had cost us. He said that a brand new kit is a 100$ but that it is rare that we buy them like this.

As a bankrupt army/nation we choose to buy the M4A1 upper receivers (20$) and just put them on our old AR15's. That is often the case with the infantry battalions.

Proper price for the full M4A1 kit is quite massive considering the fact that the Trijicon day optic alone is worth $3,500 in normal stores. It's around the $1,000. We are special though. You'd be amazed at what we get for peanuts, best source is not our budget but the US Army's reports to the Congress on any dealings involving weapons and munitions.

Comment

In Somalia, the going rate for AK's was about $20 US. It depends on supply and demand for both the gun and the currency, of course.

I'm wondering what the price would be before people start importing guns into Iraq. Apparently, they make homemade AKs in Afghanistan, so the policy wouldn't work every place, I guess.

The report also suggested the availability of other weapons. A grenade for 25 cents. More firepower for a price. I don't know whether the US is also removing these weapons from the market.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Isn't the AK-47 supposed to be more reliable then the M-16,I.E. a better field weapon?(or used to be)
          -
          I could do a Vigneron (old french machine gun) blindfolded in less then 30 sec.
          I've used a FAL and FALO too
          Soon after that we switch over to the Minimi and the FNC
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
          X