No announcement yet.

I managed to freak out my mom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awww, c'mon! you have to tell us how to do the trick man!
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

or at least point us to the info where we can learn it.

Okay, is it an optical illusion or the real deal?
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Search the web for 'balducci levitation'.
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

you sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

Yes.
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Well maybe not a gentleman
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Awww Stefu you ruined it! But as everyone knows, the real trick is how to do it really good. I'm not very good at it, but I still fooled my mom .
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Twisting Arm is cool too, I can go almost 540 degrees. It seems so impossible when you try to rationalize it. 360 is easy, 540 hurts a bit
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
                    Yes.
                    Wise-a**.

Comment

And as always, it's not enough just to do it, you have to master it. And also you need to be so good that you don't have to concentrate on doing the trick itself, but master it and concentrate on distracting the people so they won't get it. If you just do it without setting it up, that's when people guess how you did it. But if you really master it and put a little show to it and act a bit.. man it's perfect.

The levitation thingie is very hard to master, you need to have excellent balance and you just can't do it, you need to act too. It works on people you don't know very good better than your friends. Your buddies will figure it out, you need to create the 'it's actually impossible' feeling. Your best buddies figures you out too fast, but strangers or people you don't know that good.. they start thinking too difficult things and end up with 'you're scaring me' . And no, I haven't done it to strangers, and I'm not about to. The best set up would be when people don't expect magic tricks, but see you accidentally. That's when they would freak out completely. But there's high risk of failure on this one, so you end up looking like a fool very easily.

The arm trick works almost always and it's safe. But you have to set up that too. It's easy, so you need to distract people just a bit and act a little too.
                      It's all about distraction and making people not realize how simple it is, so it feels impossible and they start to be afraid of you which is always cool.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Links for the lazy....

Levitation:
                        Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Twisting Arm:
                        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

What is this!? you people are the same people that flashes the lights when you get back home and yell 'Ok party is over, everyone home NOW!'.
                          In da butt.

Comment

The tricks are always more interesting when you know how they're done.

When I saw David Blaine on TV I assumed it was just a big con and the people on the street were actors - the stuff he was doing seemed just too amazing. I actually have more respect for him now I know how he does some of the tricks.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Sure. Those are so basic tricks, but he makes them seem so unbelievable and nothing like normal magic tricks. He makes normal tricks seem like super stuff, and that's how good he is.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Pekka,

that's awesome.

Hmm... maybe I should try to find some good victim.
                                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                                X