Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that somebody (willingly) voted for a particular politician does not necessarily mean that the person agrees with everything that the politician stood for at the time of the election, let alone everything that the politician currently stands for. There's nothing to prevent a politican from going bat**** crazy after being elected, and it's unreasonable to hold the voting public responsible for such a turn of events when it's impossible to predict what will cause somebody to go bat**** crazy and in what particular way they're going to go bat**** crazy.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

The poll options do not say anything about killing civilians, which is of course despicable, just like any other killing of civilians. The poll options ask about suicide bombing as a whole, which includes the attack on military targets. In fact, there were quite some examples of legal suicide bombing in the history of war. In particular, I remember having read about suicide bombing against the German occupants in WWII by Russian partisans and the French resistance. Not sure about the Greeks, but possibly there too. Such kind of suicide bombing is certainly not illegal. Illegal OTOH were the suicide attacks of the Fedajin against the US troops, because the Fedajin were a military unit and violated international conventions, fighting not uniformed. Were they resisting civilians, these attacks would have been legal.

As for my poll vote, well.. nothing could make me a suicide bomber. No country and no government is worth this sacrifice. There will always be brainless patriots stepping forth, if such a mission is needed. May they die as heroes. The only thing, that would make me mad enough to enlist myself as suicide bomber, would be, if somebody stole my banana.

Comment

But he has responsibility for getting him in power and also for removing him from there.

Also there is the matter of economy being used to fuel the military machine that kills your country and peoples.

Comment

Would never done it.

Well, except that "Armageddon" scenario.

( Bruce Willis - suicide bomber. )
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Not to mention that after your family has been killed you just dont care.

Comment

Why would you ever want to become a suicide bomber. As Patton said, "Being a hero is not dying for your country, it is making some other dumb son of a b***h die for his"

If resistance is your goal, at least try to hit and run so you can fight again. Suicide bombing is a cowards way out.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Not to mention that after your family has been killed you just dont care
                why wouldn't you care?
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                  What if those civilians are the ones who voted for the gov who is killing your country/citizens?
                  (not talking about US or Israel here - just generally)
                  Are they innocent in the eyes of someone who lost family and has nothing to lose?
                  Did they vote for him because of his "kill their country/citizens" campaign?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Plato, what if you have no weapons to infict damage other than becoming a suicide bomber?

Also a suicide bomber dies. Generally people who just fire from afar do not die.

BTW I know Dashi is a suicide bomebr but he respawns.

Comment

Seems to me, if my entire family died, thats all the more reason to make sure you live your life rather than pack it in and give up.

As to suicide bombing civilians, I think it's morally abhorant and not very useful - it doesn't help your side at all, and, more likely than not, make the other side more unified against you.

I can see carrying out a suicide operation against a military target that will, in that act, also save someone elses life. But I don't think I would carry out a suicide operation just to kill the other side - thats simply an ugly form of revenge (and isn't living well supposed to be the best revenge?).
                      "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

"Being a hero is not dying for your country, it is making some other dumb son of a b***h die for his"

So, I guess Isreal is really doing a number on them Palestinians...
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Paiktis, If I could be a suicide bomber then I would at least have explosives. In that case I would try to direct my attacks against stationary targets that I could get in and out of, or transportation lines (Bridges, railroads, etc...). I think that it would be impossible to defend all the possible targets.

Suicide bombing is a terror weapon designed to achieve political change without being able to militarily conquer your enemy. Resistance tactics like I mentioned above would accomplish the same result IMHO.
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

What good would it do to destroy a bridge when your enemy has f16s?

Comment

Enough with your trolls Paiktis22
                              1/.000000000001

Feel free to continue your political agenda in the ME threads...
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X