Must lucrative college degrees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must lucrative college degrees

Here is a list of the current most lucrative college degrees . I attached the list.

There was some discussion about how lucrative a degree in economics was. Economics\finance is number 6. I don't know why they put them together. Maybe they are about the same. I have a BA in Economics and I'm going back for a degree in Accounting, which is number 5 and on the rise.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kidlicious; May 8, 2003, 16:44.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

How do I UL the chart?

Comment

Job experience is more important IMO... a degree is just a piece of paper... helpful nonetheless, but not the most important thing to shoot for
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm amused the Electical Engineers are at the top of the list, yet my close friend, who is an Electrical Engineer, lost his job months ago (with zero warning) and has yet to find a new one.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

If you can get that experience without a degree you're lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
            If you can get that experience without a degree you're lucky.
            persistent and hard-working...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Geology never seems to make it onto any of these lists.

Still, we stack up well with a starting salary of 37-40k.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Electrical engineering is one of those where you have to keep retraining.

Comment

I see CS is still on the downslide as the tech explosion finally becomes more sane.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

CompSci
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      persistent and hard-working...
                      In other words, in 20-30 years of hard work

Comment

Yup... Asher

I have four friends with CS bachelor's... one who has a master's... they are all unemployed
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

In otherwords, in 20-30 years of hardwork
                          nope... one of my best friends didn't finish his CS degree... he is now a co-owner of his own Network Consulting Company. I'd be working for him, but he moved to Minnesota.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                            Yup... Asher

I have four friends with CS bachelor's... one who has a master's... they are all unemployed
                            I dunno, I've got a second interview monday morning for a $15/hr programming job, and I'm only half-done my undergrad...
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have several friends who graduated with EE or Comp Sci degrees and I thought about it when I was in school. But the thought of spending the majority of my life chained to a desk in an office with flourecent lights just was to much for me. That would be hell.

Give me the great out doors and lots of cool rocks to look at.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X