No announcement yet.

Been Watching Current American Idol ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You people need to watch a different show. Seriously!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I've been forced to watch by my wife and daughter....I swear.

Yes Josh was overdue. Some people do forget how popular country western is. And as a country western signer, Josh was pretty good. I think that contributed into why he lasted so long. (on top of being a marine and a decent looking white guy)

If any of the last three win, I won't complain. They all have good enough talent and the American public doesn't always vote for the best. (even though they did this week) Kimberly and Clay have the best voices, but Ruuuuuuuuben has the style. But I agree that I hope it comes down to a showdown between C and R.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's something to watch before Angel.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Not RAH!! they have you??!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Jeez, Sava. Ease up, bud.

I'm with Kontiki. Didn't watch last time, but have been watching all this go-around.

That Simon. He's a crack-up.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Generally I have control of the remote, but it's hard when both my daughter and wife 'firmly' push for it. I usually read on the couch while it's on. But with anything like this, after awhile you get sucked in. And even though I not a big fan of a lot of songs that they sing, C and R are quite good entertainers. And finally, it was fun to watch all the "pretty" people, go down in flames.

RAH
              And I'm a big fan of "24" which both my wife and daughter don't like, but they can't ***** if we just finished watching Idol.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I had honestly never heard of Kelly Clarkson before I started watching this year's AI. I'm not sure if she was a purely US-based phenomenon or my general lack of attention to pop music obscured my view of her. I couldn't believe it when they said that she set some sort of record for number of albums sold in one week or something like that!
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Texas girl.

No one has heard of any of these people, until A.I.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                    Slightly off topic, but I had honestly never heard of Kelly Clarkson before I started watching this year's AI. I'm not sure if she was a purely US-based phenomenon or my general lack of attention to pop music obscured my view of her. I couldn't believe it when they said that she set some sort of record for number of albums sold in one week or something like that!
                    Yes, at one point she had the number 1 album in the US and the current group singing that patriotic pap that they recorded was the number one single in the US. Actually quite impressive for a self promoting reality show.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Is that a show where superstar wanabees have to show their prowess once a week, and one competitor gets voted out each week ?

There was this kind of show in Germany that ended recently. I think they have elected the left guy as the superstar (I may be wrong) :

It has also started in France, but it has stopped in the first weeks, because nobody watched
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Sava

I don't get why you hate this so much. There are so many far worse shows on TV. All that happens here is that reasonably talented people sing "pop" songs. I often see the performances on Tuesdays but never the vote-off show.

I was glad to hear of the result last night. Its ironic that Josh had given much worse performances in previous weeks and survived and then is eliminated after one of his better nights, but the other 3 have been consistently better. It seems like good looks kept some people in the competition longer than their singing talents warranted ( can you say CARMEN ?) but IMHO the best 3 singers remain and I could not quarrel with any of them winning. My favorite is Clay though.

As for Idol 1, I thought that it was a mistake that Tamara did not win but I can see that it hasn't hurt her given her ongoing stint on Boston Public.
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I like Rube too. I think he is going to win, mainly because he knows how to make ppl like him. Heck, he already has his own trademark with the 205 thing.

I do think if it came down to raw talent, however, that it would be between Clay and the Kimberly that is left.

Oh well, I am just glad they got rid of Tamira... I hope never to see that girl again, she freaks me out. STOP TAPPING!!!

Actually, I never watch the show...
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

If you want to see Tamira, you can always watch Boston Public.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sava

I don't get why you hate this so much.
                              I hate commercialized "culture"
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                                Texas girl.

No one has heard of any of these people, until A.I.
                                That's not quite what I meant. I meant that until THIS CURRENT run of AI, I had never heard of her, even with her success following the LAST AI.
                                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                                X