Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any technology in Man's imediate future which will have a bigger impact.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to go with Fusion. Virtually unlimited, clean power would be transformative.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
      I'd have to go with Fusion. Virtually unlimited, clean power would be transformative.
      You know we'd still get charged up the ass for it though...
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't know where to start! I've been watching too much Discovery Channel.. interesting stuff!

Especially from medical researches etc.. Oh man they're interesting right now, gene stuff etc. They're close to be able to grow spare parts for human soon, cloning from the original carrier (human) and then growing it to, let's say we need a heart or stuff like that. Maybe new eyes! They do that succesfully on frogs already and know how it should be done. They are making really cool stuff now, it's only matter of time when technology expands our lives sooo much more (at least the ones who are lucky enough to get to be part of this and getting treatments).
        It's just so exciting. Also other gene technologies are coming, they're pretty hot stuff.

And of course by gene I mean DNA .

I think that the next one we really need is a new energy source though.. that would be a huge thing.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Or I don't know, maybe there are huge things coming from AI sector I don't know.. Maybe we can finally make robots and machines that does ALL the hard work for us and we can concentrate on coding them and posting here.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

teleports would be cool too. It would make travelling cheap and effective for those who want it. Also it would be good for logistics for businesses.

Portable teleports would be so cool.. .
            In da butt.

Comment

android prostitutes. this is no brainer question
              :-p

Comment

Bio-engineering could quite possibly have an even bigger impact upon the future of our species and the future of our major crops.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                  Since nanotech is a unproven pipe-dream, I'd say just about anything. We still don't have robot butlers, after all.
                  Not unproven at all. I think it's IBM who's currently working on nano-transistors for computers.

Comment

Stem cell research. I've read that they've had some success at growing new teeth from a person's own stem cells. It may be possible to grow complete limbs, or regenerate brain and nerve tissues using that technology.

Comment

Segway will blow all of these so called 'innovations' away. Cities of the future will be designed around them, I say!!! You laugh now, but I'll laugh last! You'll see!!!
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

Either fusion or quantum computing.
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                          Segway will blow all of these so called 'innovations' away. Cities of the future will be designed around them, I say!!! You laugh now, but I'll laugh last! You'll see!!!
                          They don't stand a chance in a typical Canadian winter. Pretty much the only place they won't wipe you out because of snow and ice is on the west coast.

Comment

Working...
                          X