X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPI Board Wargames

My old SPI wargames from the seventies are being shipped to me:

The War in the East
    Red Star White Star (not first edition I think since was a boxed game first)
    Invasion America
    Wellingtons Victory
    Sorcerer
    Battlefleet Mars
    Starforce Triology

Maybe others (I forget) including games with S&T magazine

Except for Red Star white Star they are all the first editions in the flat boxes and should be in VG condition.

Is anyone an expert/interested in these games? As I understand it some (maybe all) are quite valuable now and I'm looking to sell them but I dont know where (besides ebay).
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

sounds cool

I like old boardgames (I mostly play/played AH ones)

not an expert, but interested

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

on second thought

I cannot afford anything valuable

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I was stunned to find out that some of the big games go for $200-400 on ebay! Even the smaller games go for $100! I'm trying to find out the best way to approach this and any help will be appreciated.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Maybe to lurk on eBay for awhile to see how much do similar games sale for.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

check out desert fox games at http://www.decisiongames.com/html/desert_fox.html

and www.finegames.com

Both sites list a grajillion classic grognard games.

Any game that takes up two dining room tables and has a 50 page rule book is art!!!
            Be the bid!

Comment

"War is short periods of excitement followed by long period of trying to find things in the index."

Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times

Comment

Thanks for the links

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                  I was stunned to find out that some of the big games go for $200-400 on ebay! Even the smaller games go for $100! I'm trying to find out the best way to approach this and any help will be appreciated.
                  Holy Sh!t, I had about 80 games by the time I entered college. If I can find them in my mom's basement I'll be rich. I bet I have almost 200 games total, many first editions. Of course the copy of SMAX I bought last summer for 7$ will go for $50 + on Ebay, so maybe it's just an Ebay thing.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

one more link... this Web-grognards site has links to everything wargaming under the sun. and then some. I think I found both previous links via this site...

Grognard.com, derivative slang for 'wargamer', is an extensive archive of wargame, board game, and computer game related review, strategy, errata, variant, and historical articles and files.
                    Be the bid!

Comment

I recently found my ancient copies of Sinai, 6th Fleet, and (oh how ironic) Oil War. (also found AH's 1914 - another dunnigan design) I couldnt beleive it - i thought they had been tossed out years ago.

I also had red star/white star, but i didnt find it
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Well it looks like all of them arent worth as much as others but when you consider that I left em in a trunk at my parents warehouse for 25 years its better than nothing. They wont be mint condition since I played most of them but hopefully they should still be in excellent condition.

Comment

The 70's were the hay day of a bunch of really good games. D&D was invented, Diplomacy had huge numbers of devotes, Fortress America was first released, and a long list of other cool games.

The video games came out and most of these games bit the dust or shrunk down to a microscopic market share.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                          X